Miami Dolphins starting left tackle and 2020 first-rounder Austin Jackson has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list the team announced Saturday.
Now the question becomes whether he'll be able to play Sunday when the Fins open up against the AFC East-rival New England Patriots.
Following his activation, Jackson was placed on the Dolphins' injury report with a questionable designation. The team's announcement added Jackson is traveling separate from the team.
A player must be activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list by 4 p.m. ET Saturday to have a chance to play on Sunday even though final clearance will not come until Sunday morning, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero noted. Should Jackson get clearance, he would be the first fully vaccinated player to test positive for COVID and return to play in the same week, Pelissero reported. Jackson tested positive on Monday along with teammate Adam Shaheen, who is unvaccinated and required to miss at least 10 days.
As a rookie last year, Jackson played in 13 games with 12 starts.
- Chicago Bears nose tackle Eddie Goldman has been ruled out for Sunday's season opener against the Rams, the team announced Saturday. Goldman has been dealing with a knee injury and was originally designated doubtful.
- The New Orleans Saints updated its injury report for Sunday's game versus the Packers, now listing cornerback Marshon Lattimore (knee) as questionable.
- San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Jalen Hurd (knee) was placed on injured reserve, the team announced.
- Kansas City Chiefs safety Tyrann Mathieu was activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday, but will be a game-time decision for Sunday against the Browns, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. Kansas City designed Mathieu as questionable for the game.
- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Alex Highsmith was removed from the team's injury report on Saturday and will play Sunday against the Bills, the team announced. Highsmith was originally listed as questionable with a groin injury.
- The Detroit Lions are placing left tackle Taylor Decker on injured reserve, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The team has since confirmed the news.
- Las Vegas Raiders guard Richie Incognito (calf) is out Monday against the Ravens, but head coach Jon Gruden thinks he should be available for Week 2. Safety Roderic Teamer (shoulder/ankle) is doubtful for the game.
- Baltimore Ravens defensive end Derek Wolfe (back/hip) is out for Monday night's game against the Raiders, while cornerback Jimmy Smith (ankle) and outside linebacker Daelin Hayes (knee) are questionable. Smith was limited in Saturday's practice, while Hayes was a full go.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Dennis Gardeck (hand) was placed on injured reserve, the team announced.
- Tennessee Titans kicker Sam Ficken (right groin) was placed on injured reserve.
- New York Jets safety Sharrod Neasman (hamstring) was placed on injured reserve.
- The New England Patriots placed wide receiver Malcolm Perry (foot) on injured reserve.
- The Seattle Seahawks activated linebacker Jon Rhattigan from the practice squad on Saturday. Rhattigan is an undrafted rookie out of Army and set to make his NFL debut on Sunday.
- The New England Patriots elevated quarterback Brian Hoyer and kicker Nick Folk from the practice squad to the active roster, NFL Network's Michael Giardi reports.
- The Indianapolis Colts announced they had signed running back Nyheim Hines to a contract extension, which was initially reported on Friday.
- The Tennessee Titans signed kicker Mike Badgley to the active roster and promoted tight end MyCole Pruitt and safety Bradley McDougald from the practice squad. The team also announced the signing of K Randy Bullock to the practice squad.
- The Cleveland Browns have elevated linebacker Elijah Lee and kicker Chris Naggar to the active roster.
- The Philadelphia Eagles signed left tackle Jordan Mailata to a four-year extension through the 2025 season, the team announced. The deal is worth $64 million and up to $80 million with $40.85 guaranteed, Rapoport reported.
- The Los Angeles Rams activated defensive back Tyler Hall and linebacker Justin Lawler from the practice squad.
- The Kansas City Chiefs activated defensive back Zayne Anderson from the practice squad and signed linebacker Elijah Sullivan to the practice squad.
- The Minnesota Vikings have elevated quarterback Sean Mannion and running back Ameer Abdullah from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Chicago Bears elevated linebacker Josh Woods and defensive tackle Damion Square to the active roster.
- The Washington Football Team has activated linebacker Jared Norris from the practice squad.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars elevated defensive back Brandon Rusnak and wide receiver Devin Smith from the practice squad.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed linebacker Kylie Fitts to the active roster from the practice squad and cornerback Antonio Hamilton was elevated to the active roster as a COVID-19 replacement.
- The Detroit Lions signed guard Tommy Kraemer to the active roster from the practice squad. The team also announced tackle Will Holden was elevated from the practice squad to the active roster and the signing of wideout Javon McKinley to the practice squad.
- The New York Jets promoted linebacker Del'Shawn Phillips and safety Adrian Colbert from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers promoted wide receiver Jaydon Mickens to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The San Francisco 49ers elevated cornerback Dontae Johnson from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Denver Broncos elevated running back Damarea Crockett and cornerback Nate Hairston from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Houston Texans elevated kicker Joey Slye and tight end Antony Auclair from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Atlanta Falcons elevated linebacker James Vaughters to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The New York Giants activated wide receiver C.J. Board to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The New Orleans Saints signed defensive tackle Albert Huggins and defensive back Jordan Miller to the active roster from the practice squad. The team also announced safety Jeff Heath and kicker Aldrick Rosas were elevated from the practice squad to the active roster.