Dak Prescott might be without one of his primary protectors in Week 1.
Dallas Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy told reporters that starting right tackle La'el Collins will miss practice again Friday.
"We're in a holding pattern," McCarthy said.
Collins has been sidelined for the past week with a neck stinger, an injury that first arose during training camp. The vacant reps have gone to reserve tackles Ty Nsekhe and Terence Steele, whom McCarthy said will be ready to start next Thursday's NFL Kickoff Game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers should Collins not be available.
Injuries, of course, have been a recurring issue for Dallas' offensive line in recent seasons. Collins sat out the entire 2020 campaign with a hip injury.
- New York Jets wide receiver Jamison Crowder will be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list after testing positive, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport reported. His case is believed to be an isolated one but it leaves his status up in the air nine days before the Jets' season opener against the Panthers, Pelissero added.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Nick Leverett has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list and linebacker Cam Gill has been placed on injured reserve.
- The Tennessee Titans activated linebacker Harold Landry and wide receiver Racey McMath from the reserve/COVID-19 list and placed defensive back Brady Breeze on injured reserve.
- The Arizona Cardinals activated cornerback Robert Alford from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Los Angeles Chargers activated defensive back Ryan Smith from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have signed wide receiver Trenton Irwin to the practice squad.
- The Indianapolis Colts signed tight end Tyler Davis and cornerback Marvell Tell to the practice squad.
- The Las Vegas Raiders are signing running back Peyton Barber to their active roster and off of the Washington Football Team's practice squad, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. They also signed linebacker Marquel Lee to the practice squad.
- The Los Angeles Rams signed defensive back Antoine Brooks Jr. and running back Buddy Howell to their practice squad.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars announced they have officially signed tight end Jacob Hollister to their 53-man roster and kicker Kaare Vedvik to their practice squad.
- The New York Giants signed tight end Ryan Izzo, quarterback Brian Lewerke and running back Dexter Williams to their practice squad.
- The San Francisco 49ers signed tight end Tanner Hudson, linebacker Rashad Smith, cornerback Dee Virgin and wide receiver Isaiah Zuber to the practice squad.
- The Atlanta Falcons signed linebacker James Vaughters and former Raiders wide receiver Keelan Doss to the practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans signed tight end MyCole Pruitt to the practice squad.
- The Washington Football Team signed kicker Eddy Pineiro to the practice squad.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed offensive lineman Michal Menet, linebacker Ron'Dell Carter, wide receiver Josh Doctson, cornerbacks Rasul Douglas and Antonio Hamilton and defensive linemen Jeremiah Ledbetter and Jonathan Ledbetter.
- The Houston Texans signed wide receiver Jalen Camp and defensive back Antonio Phillips to the practice squad.
- The Kansas City Chiefs added defensive tackle Cortez Broughton, defensive back Shakur Brown and linebacker Christian Rozeboom to the practice squad.
- The Philadelphia Eagles signed defensive tackle Marvin Wilson to the practice squad.
- The Miami Dolphins added linebacker Milo Eifler and defensive back Jamal Perry to the practice squad.
- The Indianapolis Colts released linebacker Curtis Bolton and wide receiver Tyler Vaughns from the practice squad.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers released defensive lineman Henry Mondeaux.
- The New York Giants released wide receiver Damion Willis.
- The Atlanta Falcons released running back D'Onta Foreman from the practice squad.
- The New England Patriots released defensive end Nick Thurman via an injury settlement.
- The Tennessee Titans waived Miller Forristall from the practice squad.
- The Las Vegas Raiders released linebacker Max Richardson from the practice squad, as well as tight end Alex Ellis via an injury settlement.
- The Houston Texans released wide receiver Taywan Taylor from the practice squad.
- The Baltimore Ravens released receiver Deon Cain via an injury settlement.