The Jaguars need a new kicker.
Kicker Josh Lambo is likely done for the season after aggravating his gluteus medius muscle, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. It's a worse version of the injury that caused him to miss four games this year, Rapoport added. The team placed him on injured reserve on Monday.
Lambo has connected on all five of his field goal attempts in 2020, including a 59-yarder in this past Sunday's loss to the Texans. The sixth-year veteran has arguably been the most reliable kicker in the league since joining Jacksonville in 2017, connecting on 76 of 80 field goals.
With Lambo presumably headed to injured reserve -- he's already been on IR once so a second trip officially ends his season -- the Jags have to find a replacement ASAP. Free agent Aldrick Rosas, who filled in for Lamb against the Bengals in Week 4 and made four of five field goals, was suspended four games on Oct. 31 for for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Jacksonville signed him to the practice squad Monday. The Jaguars have also employed veteran Stephen Hauschka and rookie Jonathan Brown this season, but the pair combined to make just 1 of 4 FGs.
Elsewhere on the roster, Jaguars receiver Laviska Shenault Jr., who left Sunday's loss with a hamstring injury, has a chance to play Sunday against the Packers, Rapoport reported.
Here's other news, injuries and transactions we're tracking on Monday:
- New England Patriots running back Damien Harris left Monday night's win with a chest injury. The team signed defensive lineman Tashawn Bower to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and activated linebacker Terez Hall and receiver Kristian Wilkerson to the 53-man roster from the practice squad (standard elevations).
- New York Jets rookie lineman Mekhi Becton (chest) and cornerback Brian Poole (knee) were each ruled out early in Monday night's game. Coach Adam Gase said following the game Becton would likely have an MRI on Tuesday and did not know the severity of the injury. The Jets activated cornerback Bryce Hall, signed quarterback Mike White and elevated tight end Ross Travis and defensive lineman Tanzel Smart to the active roster ahead of Monday night's game against the Patriots. New York also placed tight end Trevon Wesco on IR.
- Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule said running back Christian McCaffrey is day to day after injuring his shoulder against the Chiefs. The All-Pro could miss time and his status for Week 10 against the Buccaneers is very much in doubt, per Rapoport.
- Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman Calais Campbell suffered a calf strain that will likely cause him to miss multiple weeks, Rapoport reported. The Pro Bowler will undergo more tests, but the injury doesn't appear to be long term given that there are no structural issues, Rapoport added.
- Tennessee Titans tight end MyCole Pruitt, who suffered a right knee injury Sunday, had an MRI that showed just a sprain, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported. It will keep him out of Thursday's game against the Colts but there's optimism that he'll be back soon, Pelissero added. Linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (knee/illness) and receivers A.J. Brown (knee) and Adam Humphries (concussion) also did not practice. Guard Rodger Saffold (shoulder) was limited. The Titans added cornerback Greg Mabin to the practice squad, while long snapper Matthew Orzech joined the active roster after completing the NFL's COVID-19 protocols.
- Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford cleared the NFL's concussion protocol on Sunday, per Rapoport. Detroit announced cornerback Tony McRae will be placed on IR and linebacker Jarrad Davis has been activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said running back David Montgomery is in the concussion protocol. Chicago is signing quarterback Kyle Sloter to its practice squad, Rapoport reported. The Bears activated offensive lineman Jason Spriggs from the reserve/COVID-19 list and defensive back Michael Joseph from injured reserve. Defensive tackle Roy Robertson-Harris is having season-ending shoulder surgery this week, Rapoport reported, per informed sources. Robertson-Harris, who has played in all eight games (six starts) this season, is expected to be healthy by March and end up with a nice payday in free agency.
- The Cleveland Browns designated running back Nick Chubb, who's been sidelined the past five weeks with a knee injury, to return from IR. The team is hopeful Chubb will be able to play against the Texans on Sunday, Rapoport reported.
- Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich said tight end Jack Doyle is in the concussion protocol and is unlikely to be cleared in time to play Thursday against the Titans. Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton, who sat out Week 9 because of a groin injury, was listed as a full participant and TE Mo Alie-Cox (knee) was listed as a non-participant in the team's estimated practice report.
- Denver Broncos rookie tight end Albert Okwuegbunam is out for the season after tearing his ACL, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Denver also TE Troy Fumagalli & offensive lineman Jon Halapio to the practice squad
- The Los Angeles Rams designated rookie safety Jordan Fuller (shoulder) for return from IR.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David hyperextended his knee in Sunday's loss but should be fine going forward. Guard Ali Marpet is still in concussion protocol.
- The Green Bay Packers activated linebacker Kamal Martin and running back Jamaal Williams from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Washington Football Team signed wide receiver Jeff Badet and released WR Tony Brown.
- The Arizona Cardinals released cornerback DeVante Bausby.
- The San Francisco 49ers opened the practice window for cornerback Richard Sherman, who's missed the past eight games with a calf injury while on IR. The Niners also promoted wide receiver River Cracraft and safety Johnathan Cyprien to the active roster, signed WR Chris Finke to the practice squad and placed WR Kendrick Bourne on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Houston Texans claimed defensive end Nate Orchard off waivers from Washington and placed him on the Exempt/Commissioner Permission list. Houston also placed linebackers Kyle Emanuel and Brennan Scarlett on the reserve/injured list and placed LB Davin Bellamy on practice squad IR.
- Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said running backs Carlos Hyde and Chris Carson are both running this week with a chance to get back for Week 10.