"We'll try and get him back as quickly as possible," Shurmur said on a conference call with Tennessee reporters. "He is feeling better each day. I don't think he is going to practice today, but we'll see as the week progresses."
OBJ's status will be one to monitor the rest of the week.
Here are other injuries we're following on Wednesday:
Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring), tackle Tyron Smith (neck) and receiver Tavon Austin (groin) participated in limited fashion, while Zack Martin (knee), defensive tackle David Irving (ankle) and tight end Geoff Swaim (wrist) did not participate.
Elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest injury front, linebacker K.J. Wright (knee) is still "a couple weeks" from playing, according to Carroll. Running backRashaad Penny (knee) did not practice Wednesday nor did offensive lineman D.J. Fluker, who is unlikely to play Sunday, but not ruled out. Receiver Doug Baldwin (groin) is day-to-day and didn't practice Wednesday. Tackle Duane Brown (non-injury related) and safety Maurice Alexander (concussion) also did not practice. Running back Chris Carson (non-injured related), defensive end Frank Clark (elbow) and defensive tackle Jarran Reed (oblique) were limited Wednesday.
- Bills running back LeSean McCoy (hamstring) will not practice Wednesday nor will kicker Stephen Hauschka (hip) or cornerback Ryan Lewis (concussion protocol).
- Cardinals running back David Johnson (quad) didn't practice, but is expected to play, according to coach Steve Wilks. Defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche will have surgery Thursday to repair a torn ACL.
"Byron's made a real valuable contribution, but Justin [McCray], as a coach, when you go to bed at night, you think about the faith you have in your guys and this guy is a competitor and you appreciate that," interim coach Joe Philbin said.
- Bears nickel cornerback Bryce Callahan was set to be placed on injured reserve Wednesday with a broken foot.
Cornerback Xavien Howard (knee) didn't practice Wednesday, but was working out with trainers. Gase said he needs to see more mobility from him to get back on the field.
- Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton (ankle), guard Mark Glowinski (ankle) and safety Clayton Geathers (knee) did not practice Wednesday.
- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (ribs) did not practice on Wednesday, but told reporters he was, "Fine. Ready to go." Center Maurkice Pouncey (coach's decision) and running back James Conner (ankle) did not practice, either.
- Vikings receiver Chad Beebe (hamstring) did not practice on Wednesday, but receiver Adam Thielen (ankle) was a full participant. Linebacker Erik Kendricks (rib), tight end David Morgan (knee), offensive tackle Brian O'Neill (ankle), guard Mike Remmers (back), defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson (hip) and cornerback Trae Waynes (concussion) were limited.