The team announced Tuesday it activated defensive tackle Tim Jernigan off the non-football injury list. To make room on the active roster, Philly waived DT T.Y. McGill.
Jernigan had surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back during the offseason. He began practicing two weeks ago opening the window for his return.
Sitting at 4-6, the defending Super Bowl champs need as much help as they can get to make a late-season run.
Here are other injuries we're tracking Tuesday:
- Chicago Bears coach Matt Nagy said quarterback Mitch Trubisky is day to day with a right shoulder injury and isn't expected to practice Tuesday. Nagy is "cautiously optimistic" that Nagy will play Thursday versus the Detroit Lions.
- Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase announced that quarterback Ryan Tannehill (shoulder) will start Sunday against theIndianapolis Colts. Tannehill has been sidelined for the past five games.
- With Indianapolis Colts center Ryan Kelly likely missing time with a knee injury, the Colts are expected to sign offensive lineman Josh Andrews off the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported, per sources.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed linebacker Preston Brown (knee) on injured reserve and promoted defensive end Kasim Edebali to the active roster in a corresponding move.
- New Orleans Saints wide receiver Tre'Quan Smith (foot) and tackle Terron Armstead (pectoral) did not practice on Monday.