Philadelphia Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson is cleared to return to work.
The team announced Tuesday it activated Johnson from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Johnson announced nearly two weeks ago that he tested positive for COVID-19 after multiple negative tests leading up to landing on the reserve list.
One of the top right tackles in the NFL, Johnson's return solidifies the right side of the line in Philly. The 30-year-old has earned three straight Pro Bowls and was named first-team All-Pro in 2017. With veteran Jason Peters re-signed to play right guard alongside Johnson, getting the right tackle back before full team practices start during training camp will be a boon for Philly, as it attempts to jell the O-line changes this offseason.
Here is other news Around The NFL is monitoring on Tuesday:
- The Miami Dolphins placed cornerback Xavien Howard on the reserve/COVID-19 list, which is for players who have either tested positive or been quarantined because of close contact with an infected person. The former Pro Bowler began training camp on the physically unable to perform list as he continues to rehab a knee injury that limited him to just five games in 2019.
In need of help on the offensive line after right tackle Ja'Wuan James opted out, the Denver Broncos are signing longtime Buccaneers starting right tackle Demar Dotson, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday evening. Dotson's career until now was solely with the Bucs, as he joined the team in 2009 and was a starter from 2012 through last season. The Broncos later announced the signing.
- The Green Bay Packers are signing former Seahawks receiver Malik Turner, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per an informed source. An undrafted prospect out of Illinois in 2018, Turner played in 21 games for Seattle, accumulating 17 receptions for 265 yards and a touchdown.
- Minnesota Vikings linebacker Cam Smith (heart surgery) has reverted to the team's reserve/NFI list after clearing waivers, the team announced. The Vikes waived Smith on Monday so that he could be moved from the active roster.
- The Atlanta Falcons activated safety Chris Cooper from the team's reserve/COVID-19 list and waived offensive lineman Hunter Atkinson.
- The Indianapolis Colts today signed free agent safety Tavon Wilson and activated cornerback Jackson Porter from the reserve/COVID-19 List. Wilson, a ninth-year veteran, recorded a career-high 92 tackles in 2019 with the Lions. Indianapolis had a pair of defensive backs opt out of the 2020 season last week.
- The Chicago Bears waived kicker Ramiz Ahmed.
- The Tennessee Titans placed linebacker Vic Beasley on the team's Non-Football Injury list and waived/injured linebacker Reggie Gilbert. Beasley, who reported to camp last week, can be activated once he passes a physical.
- The Cincinnati Bengals announced they have waived defensive tackle Tyler Clark.
- The New York Giants announced they have signed receiver Cody White and offensive tackle Jackson Dennis and, in corresponding moves, waived tight end Kyle Markway and linebacker Mark McLaurin.
- The New England Patriots formally announced they have signed defensive lineman Darius Kilgo. The team also placed linebacker Brandon King on the reserve/PUP list.
- The Seattle Seahawks have waived rookie cornerback Kemah Siverand.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed defensive lineman Josh Mauro and waived receiver C.J. Board. Mauro, 29, appeared in 13 games (seven starts) for the Raiders last season, and registered 19 tackles and one pass defended. His previous stops include a four-year run with the Cardinals to begin his career and one-year stint with the Giants in 2018.