"There's no question, I'll be able to play for a while," the 35-year-old signal-caller said Saturday, via the Dallas Morning News.
Romo was purported to have said earlier this season that he planned to play at least four more years, which would put him in the Manning-Brady age range.
With three of the four quarterbacks on Championship Sunday aged 36 or older, there is no question longevity at the position is at its peak.
In order to continue playing, however, Romo needs to stay on the field. The quarterback said he'll have a CT scan on the broken left collarbone that caused him to miss 12 games in 2015 in order to determine if surgery is needed.
Regardless, Romo said he feels healthy and plans to be ready when organized team activities begin.
"It's doing good," Romo said. "As you get removed from the season a little bit, it's gotten stronger and stronger, so it's been good here the last couple of weeks just getting ramped up with some of the workouts.
"I've been able to go harder in the last three weeks than I have the previous six months, so I'm getting excited about that," he continued. "I kind of wish that training camp was coming up. But for me, I already had an offseason almost during the year, so I feel as though I'll be ready to rock for OTAs."
The quarterback added the back injury that nagged him in previous seasons is gone and his back is as "strong as it's been in three or four years."
"I feel like the joke is, I've said it before, as everyone else is getting older, I'm getting younger," he said. "You just got to go out and do it and prove it. I think next year you'll see a little bit different Dallas Cowboys team."
Cowboys fans would also like to see a different backup quarterback situation next season, just in case Romo continues to be hampered by injuries.