The big cutdown to the 53-man roster starts will occur on Friday. That means that most of the guys truly "on the bubble" will survive for at least a few more days.
There were a few big interesting names that did not make the cut from 90 players down to 75 on Monday. Since you haven't heard of the vast majority of players that were released this week, here are the moves we think you should know. You can find a full list here.
Players you should know that were cut
4. Former first-round pick wide receiver Bryant Johnson has probably reached the end of the line. He was cut by the Texans.
7. Jabar Gaffney and Donte' Stallworth did not survive the battle royale at wide receiver in New England. Gaffney is a big surprise considering his history with the Patriots and production in Washington last year.
10. The Chargers released wide receiver Roscoe Parish. It's not a great sign he couldn't come close to making a team that could use some depth at the position.
12. I'm going to miss being the last man on the Vince Young bandwagon. It's been real.
Players that were placed on the reserve/PUP list
These players won't be eligible to play in the first six weeks of the season, but their teams are holding out hope they can return this season
1. The Browns placed nose tackle Phil Taylor on reserve/PUP. Cleveland's defense will be missing a lot of parts early in the season.
5. The long-term of Jaguars linebacker Clint Session is in doubt because of concussions. The same is true for Detroit running back Jahvid Best. We know that both players won't be eligible to start the year.Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.