Regardless of there being little on the line for the Detroit Lions, quarterback Matthew Stafford (rib/right thumb/ankle) will start on Sunday versus the Minnesota Vikings, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
Long regarded for his toughness and fortitude, Stafford is listed as questionable, but barring any setbacks overnight, he's set to start, per Pelissero.
The Lions also announced Saturday that they signed safety Bobby Price to the active roster and activated defensive tackle Danny Shelton from injured reserve and designated him to return. Defensive lineman Frank Herron was released.
Here's other news, injuries and transactions we're tracking on Saturday:
- Washington Football Team center Chase Roullier has signed a four-year extension, the team announced, and it's worth $40.5 million with $19 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported per a source. Roullier, a former sixth-round draft pick, has started 52 games in four seasons for Washington. Washington also elevated receiver Dontrelle Inman from the practice squad.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers downgraded defensive tackle Cameron Heyward, center Maurkice Pouncey and linebacker T.J. Watt to out for Sunday's game against the Browns. The trio will also not make the trip to Cleveland for the game. The Steelers placed cornerback Joe Haden, tight end Eric Ebron and LB Cassius Marsh on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The team also elevated TE Kevin Rader and kicker Matthew Wright (COVID-19 replacements), as well as OL Anthony Coyle and receiver Deon Cain, to the active/inactive roster from the practice squad.
- The Green Bay Packers placed left tackle David Bakhtiari (knee) on IR, signed guard Ben Braden to the active roster from the practice squad, elevated defensive lineman Brian Price from the practice squad to the active roster and signed DL Anthony Rush to the practice squad.
- The New Orleans Saints announced the following moves in the wake of losing their entire running back room for Week 17: cornerback Grant Haley and linebacker Chase Hansen were elevated from the practice squad; receiver Tommylee Lewis , RB Tony Jones, tight end Garrett Griffin, LB Andrew Dowell and WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey were elevated as COVID-19 replacements; and safety D.J. Swearinger, RBs Latavius Murray and Dwayne Washington and fullback Michael Burton were added to the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Indianapolis Colts announced Saturday that receiver Michael Pittman has cleared concussion protocol and his questionable designation for Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars has been lifted. The Colts also activated tight end Noah Togiai from injured reserve and elevated safety Ibraheim Campbell and offensive tackle Jared Veldheer from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Philadelphia Eagles elevated defensive end Joe Ostman, safety Blake Countess (COVID-19 replacement) and offensive lineman Prince Tega Wanogho from the practice squad.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers elevated cornerback Herb Miller and defensive lineman Benning Potoa'e from the practice squad and resigned linebacker Jack Cichy.
- Miami Dolphins linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill (illness) is out for Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills. Miami also promoted safety Nate Holley to the active roster, waived fullback Chandler Cox and elevated receiver Marcus Kemp and quarterback Reid Sinnett for Week 17.
- The Arizona Cardinals placed receiver Christian Kirk on the reserve/COVID-19 list and elevated cornerback Jace Sternberger and linebacker Terrance Smith (COVID-19 replacements), as well as defensive lineman Stacy McGee, from the practice squad.
- New York Giants linebacker Kyler Fackrell and cornerback Madre Harper were activated off injured reserve and punter Ryan Santoso joined the roster as a standard elevation from the practice squad. The Giants placed fullback Elijhaa Penny (illness) on IR and released quarterback Joe Webb.
- The Cincinnati Bengals placed defensive tackle Mike Daniels on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The team also signed DT Kahlil McKenzie from the practice squad to the active roster and elevated linebacker Keandre Jones and cornerback Winston Rose from the practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans activated punter Brett Kern from the reserve/COVID-19 list and elevated kicker Sam Sloman and linebacker Brooks Reed from the practice squad.
- The New England Patriots placed running back Damien Harris on IR. The team also signed tight end/defensive end Rashod Berry, defensive back Mike Jackson and linebacker Cassh Maluia to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and activated offensive lineman Ross Reynolds and DB D'Angelo Ross from the practice squad.
- Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Arden Keywas fined $6,752.40 for unnecessary roughness on the facemask twist of Ryan Fitzpatrick during the Raiders' Week 16 loss to the Dolphims. It was a penalty on top of an unbelievable Fitzpatrick completion that set up Miami's winning field goal.
- The Kansas City Chiefs announced they have elevated quarterback Matt Moore and guard Patrick Omameh from the practice squad. Defensive back Deandre Baker (COVID-19 replacement) has been activated from the practice squad, receiver Gehrig Dieter has been activated from the practice squad and tight end Ricky Seals-Jones has been waived.
- The San Francisco 49ers signed punter Drew Kaser to the practice squad, activated offensive lineman Tom Compton from IR, activated receiver Jordan Matthews and kicker Tristan Vizcaino , as well as defensive lineman Josiah Coatney and OL Isaiah Williams (COVID-19 replacements), from the practice squad and released OL Aaron Neary from the practice squad.
- The Seattle Seahawks downgraded running back Carlos Hyde (illness) to out for Week 17. Seattle activated cornerback Tre Flowers off IR and placed offensive tackle Brandon Shell and safety Damarious Randall on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The team also elevated practice squad RB Alex Collins and receiver Penny Hart (COVID-19 replacements), along with guard Alex Boone, to the active roster.
- The Buffalo Bills placed tight end Tyler Kroft on the reserve/COVID-19 list after he tested positive for the virus. The team elevated the following players from the practice squad for Week 17: TE Nate Becker, cornerback Dane Jackson, defensive end Mike Love and running back Antonio Williams.
- The Minnesota Vikings elevated practice squad defensive end Eddie Yarbrough (COVID-19 replacement) and cornerbacks Tae Hayes and Cordrea Tankersley to the active roster.
- The L.A. Chargers activated cornerback John Brannon off the practice squad.
- The Denver Broncos promoted linebacker Josh Watson to the active roster and placed receiver KJ Hamler on IR.
- The Houston Texans signed receiver Steven Mitchell to the active roster and placed offensive lineman Brent Qvale on IR. Houston also elevated OL Beau Benzschawel and Greg Mancz (COVID-19 replacement) to the active roster for Week 17.
- The New York Jets activated guard Greg Van Roten off IR, waived kicker Sam Ficken, signed linebacker Sharif Finch and defensive lineman Tanzel Smart to the active roster and elevated practice squad LBs Brady Sheldon and Noah Dawkins to the active roster.