It's looking like Zach Ertz's return will have to wait at least one more week.
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson told reporters Saturday that it is unlikely the tight end will play Monday night's home game vs. the Seattle Seahawks. Pederson added that there was "no setback" in regards to Ertz's injury and the hope is he can return next week vs. the Green Bay Packers.
Ertz hasn't played since Week 6 after suffering a high-ankle sprain that landed him on injured reserve. The eight-year veteran was designated to return from IR last week, which allowed Ertz to practice.
As for the Eagles offensive line, Pederson confirmed that Jason Peters will be moving to right guard, Matt Pryor to right tackle and Jordan Mailata at right tackle. The reshuffling comes in the wake of Lane Johnson's season-ending ankle injury.
Here's other news Around the NFL is monitoring on this Week 12 Saturday:
- Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) is being ruled out for Sunday and will not be traveling with the team to Minnesota, a source tells NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero. McCaffrey was listed as questionable after getting some work in at practice this week.
- Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Grover Stewart has a agreed to a three-year, $30.75 million contract extension, the team announced. Stewart's deal includes $20 million guaranteed and the potential for $1 million in incentives. Colts center Ryan Kelly (neck) has been downgraded to out for Sunday's game vs. the Tennessee Titans. Cornerback Isaiah Rodgers (knee) was been downgraded to questionable. The team also announced rookie running back Jonathan Taylor was placed on the reserve/COVID list. Additionally, the Colts elevated center Joey Hunt and defensive end Cassius Marsh to the active roster from the practice squad as COVID-19 replacements. The team also elevated defensive tackles Kameron Cline and Rob Windsor to the active roster from the practice squad and activated wide receiver Ashton Dulin from injured reserve.
- The Denver Broncos will be without quarterbacks Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles after they were deemed high-risk close contacts to Jeff Driskel, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Denver signed tackle Garett Bolles to a four-year contract extension through 2024, the team announced. Rapoport reported, per a source, that Bolles' deal is worth $68M, making him one of the highest paid OL in the NFL. Bolles was set to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2020 season. Rookie wide receiver Jerry Jeudy (ankle) will have to show the coaching staff and trainers where his confidence level is in Saturday's practice for him to play on Sunday, per Palmer. Jeudy is listed as questionable.
- New Orleans Saints tackle Terron Armstead tweeted out Saturday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, which would rule him out for Sunday. The team has yet to confirm Armstead's positive test. The Saints elevated offensive lineman Will Clapp, defensive tackle Ryan Glasgow and receiver Austin Carr (COVID-19 replacement) from the practice squad.
- The Kansas City Chiefs are cutting safety Tedric Thompson, a source tells Pelissero. Thompson, who was a healthy inactive the last two games, now goes on waivers. The Chiefs elevated wide receiver Marcus Kemp from the practice squad to the active roster in a corresponding move.
- Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Dez Bryant was signed to the 53-man roster after two elevations from the practice squad the past two games. The Ravens have also signed free-agent cornerback Pierre Desir, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport confirms. Desir was waived by the New York Jets earlier this month.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have elevated cornerback Jalen Davis from the practice squad to the active roster and signed quarterback Kevin Hogan to the practice squad.
- Cleveland Browns guard Michael Dunn, defensive tackle Joey Ivie and defensive end Cameron Malveaux have been activated from the reserve/COVID list. Tight end coach Drew Petzing will not be on the sidelines this Sunday after his wife gave birth on Saturday morning, Pelissero reports. Chief of staff Callie Brownson will assume some of his responsibilities.
- Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith (groin/back) has been downgraded to out for Sunday vs. the Panthers. The team also announced tight end Brandon Dillon and long snapper Andrew DePaola from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa was fined $15,000 for one of his two roughing the passer infractions last week, Rapoport reports.
- Dallas Cowboys safety Donovan Wilson was fined $4,159 for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins last Sunday, Pelissero reported. No flag was thrown on the play and the hit forced a key fumble which Wilson recovered.
- Arizona Cardinals activated defensive end Zach Allen from injured reserve and signed tight end Evan Baylis to the active roster. Tight end Darrell Daniels and defensive lineman Josh Mauro were placed on injured reserve. DL Michael Dogbe, running back D.J. Foster and cornerback Jace Whittaker were elevated to the active roster from the practice squad as COVID-19 replacements. DL Stacy McGee was elevated from the active roster to the practice squad.
- New York Jets linebacker Patrick Onwuasor was placed on injured reserve and signed offensive lineman James Murray to the active roster.
- The New York Giants have activated rookie safety Xavier McKinney, kicker Graham Gano and linebacker Tae Crowder from injured reserve.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers center A.Q. Shipley was placed on injured reserve with a neck injury. Linebacker Jack Cichy was activated from IR in a correlating move.
- The Green Bay Packers elevated linebacker De'Jon Harris and running back Mike Webster from the practice squad to the active roster as COVID-19 replacements.
- The Chicago Bears elevated quarterback Tyler Bray from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The New England Patriots activated receiver Donte Moncrief and defensive tackle Akeem Spence to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and restored offensive lineman Justin Herron to the 53-man roster from IR. The Patriots also announced that they have placed running back Rex Burkhead, DT Carl Davis and OL Isaiah Wynn on IR and placed tight end Jake Burt on practice squad IR.