Sandro Platzgummer is back with Big Blue.
The New York Giants announced it signed the running back on Monday.
Platzgummer spent 2020 with the Giants as part of the NFL's International Player Pathway Program.
At 6-foot and 198 pounds, Platzgummer joined the New York practice squad after playing five seasons for the Swarco Raiders Tirol, an American football club based in Austria.
Last year when joining the Giants, Platzgummer compared his size to that of Christian McCaffrey.
"I admit I am really excited and I know it's a huge challenge, but I'm not intimidate," he said at the time. "There's guys in the NFL my size. I get inspiration from Christian McCaffrey who is no bigger than I am. I am looking forward to it."
Now the RB will stick around in New York for at least one more season.
Elsewhere around the NFL on Monday:
- The Washington Football Team waived third-year running back Bryce Love. A 2019 fourth-round pick out of Stanford, Love, 23, didn't play a single game for Washington, as he dealt with multiple setbacks from an ACL injury that ended his college career. Washington also waived defensive back DeMarkus Acy.
- The Las Vegas Raiders signed cornerback Rasul Douglas. The 25-year-old CB started 11 games for the Panthers last year, recording 62 tackles and nine passes defensed. He was selected by the Eagles in the third round of the 2017 draft.
- Veteran offensive lineman D.J. Fluker posted on Twitter that he has joined the Miami Dolphins. The former first-round pick spent the 2020 season with the Ravens, appearing in every game and starting eight of them. The Dolphins re-signed defensive back Nik Needham.
- Indianapolis Colts receiver Zach Pascal and safety George Odum signed their restricted free agent tenders. Neither Pascal nor Odum has missed a game in their three seasons with the club. Pascal racked up a career-high 629 receiving yards on 44 catches in 2020, adding five touchdowns. A special teams stud, Odum logged 21 tackles en route to his first All-Pro nod. The Colts also re-signed defensive back T.J. Carrie.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Zeke Turner signed his restricted free agent tender.
- The Jets signed tight end Daniel Brown. The 28-year-old TE has spent the last two seasons with New York, hauling in nine catches for 103 yards and a score. The Jets also re-signed wide receiver Jeff Smith.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers officially signed quarterback Joshua Dobbs to a one-year deal.
- The Los Angeles Rams waived defensive back Tyrique McGhee.
- The New England Patriots waived center Dustin Woodard.
- The Buffalo Bills signed defensive end Efe Obada.
- The Chicago Bears signed wide receiver Marquise Goodwin.
- The Carolina Panthers placed linebacker Jordan Mack on the reserve/retired list.
- The Baltimore Ravens re-signed center Trystan Colon-Castillo and linebacker Kristian Welch.
- The Detroit Lions re-signed offensive tackle Matt Nelson.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars re-signed running back Dare Ogunbowale.
- The Seattle Seahawks re-signed defensive tackle Bryan Mone.