The Houston Texans agreed to terms with No. 3 overall pick defensive back Derek Stingley Jr. on his fully guaranteed rookie contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday.
Both the momentum and logic for the Stingley pick stems from his stellar 2019 freshman season, in which he logged six interceptions, and from an electric pro day that produced a 40-yard dash ranging from 4.40 to 4.44 and a vertical jump of 38.5 inches. Head coach Lovie Smith and the rest of the Texans brass are hoping Stingley's athleticism and potential will ultimately outlast the injury concerns that plagued the cornerback during the remainder of his college career. Stingley has taken the field for only 10 games since 2019 -- appearing in only three during his final season at LSU due to a nagging foot injury.
- The Arizona Cardinals signed defensive lineman Kingsley Keke to a one-year contract and placed tight end Alex Ellis on the Non-Football Injury list, the team announced Friday.
- The Atlanta Falcons announced that they had released cornerback Kendall Sheffield and tight end Ryan Becker.
- The Buffalo Bills signed all eight draft picks to their rookie contracts: cornerback Kaiir Elam, running back James Cook, linebacker Terrel Bernard, wide receiver Khalil Shakir, punter Matt Araiza, cornerback Christian Benford, offensive lineman Luke Tenuta and linebacker Baylon Spector.
- The Cincinnati Bengals signed cornerback Abu Daramy-Swaray following rookie minicamp, the team announced Friday.
- The Dallas Cowboys signed first-round offensive tackle Tyler Smith to his rookie deal, the team announced Friday.
- The Detroit Lions signed seven draft picks to their rookie contracts: defensive lineman Aidan Hutchinson, wide receiver Jameson Williams, safety Kerby Joseph, tight end James Mitchell, linebacker Malcolm Rodriguez, linebacker James Houston and cornerback Chase Lucas.
- The Houston Texans signed five draft picks to rookie contracts: defensive lineman Thomas Booker, offensive lineman Austin Deculus, running back Dameon Pierce, defensive back Jalen Pitre and tight end Teagan Quitoriano.
- The Indianapolis Colts signed draft picks safety Nick Cross, defensive tackle Eric Johnson, tight end Andrew Ogletree, defensive tackle Curtis Brooks and cornerback Rodney Thomas to rookie contracts, the team announced Friday.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars signed offensive lineman Jared Hocker and released offensive lineman Denzel Okafor, the team announced Friday.
- The Los Angeles Chargers signed five players to their rookie deals: defensive lineman Otito Ogbonnia, offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer, defensive back Ja'Sir Taylor, defensive back Deane Leonard and fullback Zander Horvath.
- The Miami Dolphins announced the signings of linebacker Cameron Goode and quarterback Skylar Thompson to their rookie contracts.
- The Minnesota Vikings announced the signing of sixth-round pick offensive lineman Vederian Lowe.
- The New England Patriots announced Friday that they had signed three of their draft picks: third-round selection defensive back Marcus Jones and sixth-round picks running back Kevin Harris and defensive lineman Sam Roberts.
- The New Orleans Saints agreed to terms with first-round offensive tackle Trevor Penning on a four-year, fully guaranteed rookie deal, Rapoport reported Friday. The Saints also signed first-round wide receiver Chris Olave to his fully guaranteed rookie contract, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported, per Olave's agent. New Orleans also announced that linebacker D'Marco Jackson and defensive tackle Jordan Jackson signed their rookie deals.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers announced the signing of second-round wide receiver George Pickens. The Steelers also announced that they had signed offensive lineman Trent Scott to a one-year deal, waiving guard Malcolm Pridgeon to make room on the roster.
- The San Francisco 49ers have waived wide receiver Connor Wedington, the team announced Friday.
- The Seattle Seahawks signed wide receivers Deontez Alexander and Kevin Kassis and waived four other wide receivers: Matt Cole, Jake Herslow, John Mitchell and Demetris Roberston.
- The Washington Commanders signed cornerback Will Adams and released cornerback De'Vante Cross.
- The Las Vegas Raiders are trading wide receiver Bryan Edwards and a 2023 seventh-round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for a 2023 fifth-round pick. Edwards was a third-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. He started 12 games for the Raiders in 2021 and finished the season with 34 receptions for 571 yards and three touchdowns.
- The Indianapolis Colts invited wide receiver Antonio Callaway to minicamp on a tryout basis, Rapoport reported Friday. Callaway is a 2018 fourth-round pick and last recorded a regular-season stat in the 2020 season.
- The Minnesota Vikings invited former Steelers defensive tackle Isaiah Buggs to rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per a source.