Do you think it's too soon for a fantasy football draft? Well, we say never! The NFL Fantasy LIVE crew is already looking ahead to the 2013 season with the first of what will be numerous five-round mock drafts held during the offseason. Which positions have increased in value? Which positions have fallen? This mock was full of surprise picks, including some players who weren't even selected.
This mock draft is based on NFL.com's standard 10-team leagues with a basic (non-PPR) scoring system that rewards four points for touchdown passes and six points for all other touchdowns scored. Each numbered position represents an individual fantasy team, so no more than one quarterback, three running backs, three wide receivers or one tight end will be selected per roster.
- Elliot Harrison - Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars: Jones-Drew, who held out of training camp and then missed most of the season with an injured foot, was worth a roll of the dice at his stage of the draft. He could be a steal for Harrison, in fact.
- Jaime Maggio - Frank Gore, RB, San Francisco 49ers
- Matt Smith - Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
- Dave Dameshek - Matthew Stafford, QB, Detroit Lions
- Jason Smith - DeMarco Murray, RB, Dallas Cowboys
- Elliot Harrison - Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota Vikings
- Adam Rank - Victor Cruz, WR, New York Giants
- Akbar Gbajabiamila - Steven Jackson, RB, Rams
- Michael Fabiano - Vincent Jackson, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Bill Sudell - Eric Decker, WR, Denver Broncos
- Marcas Grant - BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Cincinnati Bengals