The Giants managed to score an upset win without their promising young signal-caller, and they might get him back in time to keep the good times rolling.
Giants coach Joe Judge told reporters Monday the team will give Daniel Jones (hamstring) "every opportunity" to play in Week 14 against the Arizona Cardinals. It sounds as if there is optimism that Jones will be able to go, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
New York is currently seated atop the putrid NFC East with a 5-7 mark and has won four straight, turning around a season that seemed destined for the same irrelevance of the Pat Shurmur and Ben McAdoo eras. Judge's team might be turning the corner, though, outperforming its talent and scoring a significant win over the 8-4 Seahawks on Sunday, with backup Colt McCoy passing for a grand total of 105 yards.
With Jones potentially back in the fray, the Giants could continue their run, which has been perfectly captured by Eli Manning's postgame tweets. There are more wins to stack.
Here's other injury and roster news we're tracking on Monday:
- The Buffalo Bills activated linebacker Matt Milano ahead of Monday night's game against the 49ers. Milano had been out since Week 9 with a pectoral injury.
- San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman D.J. Jones (ankle) was ruled out against the Bills. Earlier in the day, the Niners activated cornerback Tim Harris from the practice squad for Monday night's game.
- Washington Football Team running back Antonio Gibson (toe) was downgraded to out against the Steelers after getting hurt in the first quarter. Tight end Temarrick Hemingway (wrist) was ruled out after getting hurt early in the game, as well.
- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Robert Spillane (knee) did not return against Washington after getting hurt in the second half. Cornerback Joe Haden left late in the game with a concussion, coach Mike Tomlin confirmed following the game. Prior to kickoff, Pittsburgh elevated kicker Matthew Wright to the active roster after downgrading Chris Boswell last weekend. Pittsburgh also elevated offensive lineman Anthony Coyle and activated OL Jerald Hawkins from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Baltimore Ravens activated quarterback Lamar Jackson from the reserve/COVID-19 list, enabling his return for Tuesday's game against the Cowboys. Baltimore also activated fullback Patrick Ricard, long snapper Morgan Cox and defensive tackle Justin Madubuike from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The NFL has suspended Cincinnati Bengals safety Shawn Williams and Tennessee Titans defensive end Teair Tart one game each for stepping on opponents in their respective game on Sunday, Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
- Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule told reporters the hope is cornerback Donte Jackson and running back Christian McCaffrey will be back this week.
- Los Angeles Rams defensive lineman Michael Brockers (neck) and running back Cam Akers (shoulder) did not practice.
- The Chicago Bears placed practice squad defensive tackle LaCale London and linebacker Manti Te'o on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Darius Slay, who left Sunday's loss because of his knee, is not believed to have suffered a major injury, Rapoport reported, per a source. The Eagles announced they have released guard Jamon Brown from the practice squad.
- Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich confirmed offensive lineman Le'Raven Clark suffered a torn Achilles and will miss the remainder of the season.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are waiving receiver/returner Jaydon Mickens, Rapoport reported. The Bucs signed running back Kenjon Barner from the practice squad.
- The Dallas Cowboys placed offensive guard Zack Martin (calf) on injured reserve.
- The Las Vegas Raiders are activating offensive tackle Trent Brown from the reserve/COVID-19 list, per Rapoport. Brown has not played since Week 5. Las Vegas is also releasing defensive tackle Daniel Ross with the intention of putting him on the practice squad and make him active on game day, Rapoport added. The team later confirmed Ross' release.
- The Tennessee Titans activated running back Darrynton Evans from IR and offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson from the reserve/suspended list.
- The Cleveland Browns claimed wide receiver Marvin Hall via waivers from the Lions.