Dannell Ellerbe is on the open market.
This was always the plan in New Orleans. The Saints intended to waive Ellerbe when healthy after placing the 31-year-old veteran on injured reserve in late July.
Here are the other injuries we're monitoring on Friday:
- Green Bay Packers right tackle Bryan Bulaga is not expected to need ankle surgery, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per a source. Bulaga suffered an ankle sprain in practice on Wednesday and is enduring a lot of swelling. Pelissero reports the plan is for Bulaga to rest for a couple of weeks and then re-evaluate. While Bulaga will not play in the Packers' preseason test this weekend, his status for Green Bay's season opener against the Seattle Seahawks is up in the air.
- Mike Mularkey isn't 100 percent confident that DeMarco Murray (hamstring) will play on Sunday. The Tennessee Titans coach said discussion regarding his running back's playing time will continue into Saturday.
Mularkey added that wideouts Eric Decker (ankle) and Harry Douglas (knee) will not play on Sunday.
- Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden told reporters Friday that tight end Jordan Reed (toe), linebacker Ryan Anderson (stinger) and linebacker Junior Galette (hamstring)* *will suit up for Sunday's preseason game, but will all be game-time decisions.
- San Francisco 49ers safety Jimmie Ward will not play Sunday, coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters. Ward was taken off the physically unable to perform (PUP) list on Wednesday.
- Philadelphia Eagles defensive lineman Beau Allen passed his physical Friday and is coming off the PUP list, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Allen is returning from a torn pectoral suffered in the offseason.