Friday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Indianapolis Star featured the football team for the Indiana School for the Deaf and how it makes the players "feel equal."
- WHSV-TV in Harrisburg, Va., examined how football helmets have evolved over the years and have helped to prevent head injuries.
- The Oregonian reported that the new state concussion law means public and private schools are governed by different rules.
- KING-TV in Seattle looked at one area high school using the Guardian Cap to try to prevent concussions.
- US News & World Report published a report on a study that says concussion recovery can reverse after return to activity.
- The St. Louis Business Journal reported on a concussion device by area inventors that is using a Kickstarter campaign for development.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor