Chris Jones ' stay on the reserve/COVID-19 list is over after one day.
Jones returned to the Chiefs' facility and is set to practice Friday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, per a source informed of the situation.
Jones had been placed on the COVID-19 list Thursday due to a close contact with a staffer who tested positive for COVID-19. His return to practice is a sign that Jones has cleared testing and protocols.
Jones is a key part of Kansas City's defensive ambitions. The 2019 Pro Bowler has recorded 4.5 sacks and 22 tackles in seven games played in 2020.
Here are other injuries and roster moves we're tracking on Friday:
- Carolina Panthers coach Matt Rhule said he expects to activate running back Christian McCaffrey either today or Saturday. Left tackle Russell Okung is doubtful for Sunday's game against the Chiefs. safety Jeremy Chinn, defensive tackle Zach Kerr, defensive end Marquis Haynes are questionable.
- Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott (hamstring) and defensive end Aldon Smith (knee) are questionable vs. Steelers.
- New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton would not say if quarterback Drew Brees or wideout Michael Thomas would play Sunday. "We'll see. I thought we had a good week of preparation. And we'll wait until gameday," he told reporters.
- Chicago Bears tight end Cole Kmet (groin) is questionable for Sunday against the Titans. Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (right shoulder) is out. Chicago activated offensive lineman Germain Ifedi from the reserve/COVID-19 list and placed offensive lineman Cody Whitehair on it.
- San Francisco 49ers safety Jaquiski Tartt, ruled out from Thursday night's game with a foot injury, is believed to have suffered turf toe based on the initial diagnosis, Rapoport reported, per a source. He'll have more tests today to confirm, Rapoport added.
- Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott said center Mitch Morse , linebacker Matt Milano, running back Taiwan Jones and cornerback Josh Norman are all ruled out for Sunday's game against the Seahawks.
- New York Jets defensive end Quinnen Williams won't practice today. Quarterback Sam Darnold and wideout Jamison Crowder will be limited. Wideout Breshad Perriman is in the last phase of the concussion protocol. Quarterback Sam Darnold said his shoulder feels "alright" and "we'll see" if he plays on Monday. New York released cornerback Quincy Wilson; he was acquired in exchange for a sixth-round pick in a draft-day trade with the Colts this past April. Wilson played three games (one start) this season.
- The Detroit Lions ruled out wide receiver Kenny Golladay (hip) for Sunday's game against the Vikings. The designation was expected, as Rapoport reported earlier in the week that Golladay is week to week and could be placed on injured reserve after going down last week versus the Colts. Detroit is signing veteran receiver Mohamed Sanu to their practice squad. Sanu was released by the 49ers on Oct. 6.
- Tennessee Titans wide receiver Adam Humphries (concussion) is ruled out for Sunday, coach Mike Vrabel said. Punter Brett Kern will not available for the game, coach said. They have tryouts tomorrow and will "pick one for the game." Linebacker Jadeveon Clowney missed practice again. It's still not looking good for Sunday vs. the Bears.
- As expected, the Jacksonville Jaguars ruled out quarterback Gardner Minshew (thumb) versus the Texans.
- Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich said wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (groin) will be listed as doubtful for Sunday's game versus the Ravens.
- New York Giants running back Devonta Freeman (ankle) won't play vs Washington.
- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham told NFL Network's Kim Jones that he will have surgery to repair his ACL next Tuesday.
- Baltimore Ravens running back Mark Ingram (ankle) and wideout Chris Moore (thigh) are listed as doubtful. Cornerback Jimmy Smith (back) is questionable. Free-agent defensive back Antoine Bethea is visiting the Ravens, Pelissero reported, per the wire.
- Denver Broncos cornerback A.J. Bouye (concussion) was ruled out of Sunday's game against the Falcons. Running back Phillip Lindsay (foot), cornerback Bryce Callahan (ankle) and wide receiver Tim Patrick (hamstring) are questionable.
- The Miami Dolphins placed wide receiver Lynn Bowdenon the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Seattle Seahawks ruled out running back Chris Carson (foot) and Carlos Hyde (hamstring) from Sunday's game against the Bills. Safety Jamal Adams, who's been out since Week 3 because of a groin injury, was a full participant Friday and does not have a game designation. Free-agent running back Bo Scarbrough will try out for the Seahawks, Pelissero reported per the wire.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wideout Chris Godwin (hand) is listed as questionable.
- The Minnesota Vikings signed defensive lineman Hercules Mata'afa to the active roster and signed cornerback Dylan Mabin from Las Vegas' practice squad. Cornerback Mark Fields was placed on injured reserve.
- Los Angeles Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa (concussion) is doubtful vs. Raiders. Guard Trai Turner (groin) and cornerback Casey Hayward (non injury related) are questionable.
- Former Titans defensive back Johnathan Joseph is visiting the Arizona Cardinals, Pelissero reported per the wire.
- The Atlanta Falcons ruled out defensive end Dante Fowler (hamstring), defensive end Takkarist McKinley (groin, illness) and cornerback Jordan Miller for Sunday's game against the Broncos.