Monday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- Former NFL coach John Mackovic wrote for The Desert Sun (Palm Springs, California) that the strides made in concussion testing are encouraging.
- The Santa Rosa (California) Press-Democrat praised the NFL in an editorial for getting serious about violence issues.
- KYW-TV in Philadelphia reported on a study from West Coast Shaving that shows the game's elite quarterbacks perform better while sporting a beard.
- The Global News reported on concussion management classes that are being conducted in Saskatchewan, Canada, high schools.
- CKWX-AM in Vancouver, British Columbia, began a five-part series on concussions, starting with a look at if athletes who suffer concussions have too much say about when they return to play.
- WKRC-TV in Cincinnati looked at concussion research being conducted at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor