Tuesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The San Francisco Chronicle reported that the California bill that will limit the amount of full-contact practice among the state's high school football teams concerns area coaches.
- The Associated Press reported on Connecticut's new return-to-play plan that goes into law for youth athletes who suffer a concussion.
- The Associated Press reported on Mississippi's new concussion law for youth sports that begins Tuesday.
- KFMB-TV in San Diego reported on former NFL running back Ricky Williams' work with the Upledger Institute Clinic for a gentle hands-on treatment program called craniosacral therapy to treat concussions.
- Northwest Times of Indiana looked at the focus on heat illnesses at the National Athletic Trainers Association's convention last week.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor