- Remaining free agents
- NFC free agency grades
- AFC free agency grades
- Free agency winners and losers
- Seven riskiest free-agent signings
- Robert Griffin III signs with Cleveland Browns
- Wesseling: Which franchises are on the rise?
- Collateral damage: Players hurt by free agency
- Collateral benefits: Players aided by free agency
It comes as no surprise after Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome outlined this exact course of action during this week's NFL Scouting Combine, saying: "We've had some discussions, but we will franchise Justin if we do not get a deal done. Even if we do franchise him, we will continue to work to negotiate to try and get a deal done."
The $4.5-million tag figure works out well for both sides. Tucker earns good scratch for his position, while Baltimore keeps one of the game's top kickers from roaming elsewhere. Entering his fifth season, Tucker nailed every one of his 29 PATs this season while six of his seven field-goal misses were from 50-plus yards.