Buy property on Revis Island before its grand reopening in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Local Patriots beat writers gushed lavishly about the cornerback during Saturday's practice. Darrelle Revis was the "star of the show, and it wasn't even close," concluded the Boston Herald's Jeff Howe.
Revis picked off Tom Brady twice, displaying a burst when the ball was in the air that made him the best corner on the planet during his days with the New York Jets. Howe went so far as to compare Revis' practice to how he used to blanket Randy Moss back in the day.
Training camp interceptions count for zilch when a Super Bowl is the goal, but it's clear that Saturday we learned that Revis is still a boss.
Here are some other things we learned:
2. Pats defensive tackle Tommy Kelly was activated from the physically unable to perform list and participated on a limited basis.
3. Kendall Hunter tore his ACL on Friday. Losing the No. 2 runner puts more pressure on rookie Carlos Hyde and second-year tailback Marcus Lattimore to back up Frank Gore. LaMichael James' roster spot now seems safe, too, after the injury.
"All spring Josh Gordon was here with the first team, we watched him with the first team. And Mike Pettine kept saying that he's not going to change anything until he's told by the Commissioner's office that he needs to. Well, today, (Gordon) was lined up with the third team. All that tells us is the Browns don't really have any optimism. It doesn't seem like they're thinking they'll get a reprieve this Friday (Aug. 1) with that appeal."
5. An offseason of optimism about Cordarrelle Patterson's future has been truncated, as he spent his second day on the sidelines with a reportedly "minor" foot injury. He wasn't put on the PUP list, so it's likely not a big deal. But it's certainly an injury worth monitoring as we expect big things from the young pass-catcher.
8. Taylor Lewan took first-team reps at left guard in place of Andy Levitre, who is out after having an appendectomy. The move is the third position that the Titans' first-round pick is learning thus far. It also indicates the team likely views Lewan as a backup offensive tackle at this point.
9. Jets first-round pick Calvin Pryor left the team's practice with a head injury suffered during punt team drills, in which the rookie is the personal protector. Rex Ryan said the Jets "don't know yet" if the safety suffered a concussion.
11. Kenny Stills missed practice after suffering a quad injury Friday. The receiver rode a stationary bike and the injury isn't expected to be serious. The Saints' offense plans to lean heavily on the second-year player after an offensive overhaul.