Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith missed practice earlier this week due to a finger injury, but that wasn't a concern early in Sunday's game after he caught a 44-yard pass. Unfortunately, Smith has a sprained PCL to worry about, coach Ron Rivera said Monday.
Rivera said Smith will be treated week-to-week, and that his star receiver is highly doubtful for the season finale Sunday.
Smith limped to the locker room after injuring his knee in the first quarter against the New Orleans Saints. Smith went to the ground without being contacted. He initially was listed as questionable to return, and briefly returned to action in the second quarter.
After just one play back in the lineup, Smith limped to the locker room and was ruled out for the day.
Here are other injuries we're tracking Sunday:
1. Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller left with a knee injury in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the Houston Texans. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Miller has a torn ACL, per a source. The Broncos' pass rusher had an MRI Monday that confirmed the tear. Rapoport noted that Miller wanted to go back into the game yesterday, saying that Miller felt okay, and that his knee was stable.
2. Free-agent signee Jake Long has helped stabilize St. Louis' pass protection at left tackle. His first season with the Rams could finish in another injury setback. Long was carted off the field with a knee injury in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He did not return to the game. At halftime, coach Jeff Fisher told FOX's Laura Okmin he feared Long suffered an ACL injury.
3. New Orleans Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro was carted off the field with a lower leg injury in the first quarter against Carolina. Rapoport reported that Vaccaro suffered a fractured ankle, according to a person informed of the injury.
7. After leading his team to a dramatric comeback victory against the Washington Redskins Sunday, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said he'll undergo an MRI on his injured back, per a report by ESPN.com's Todd Archer.
"Yeah. I tweaked it in the game. It definitely didn't make it feel comfortable," Romo said after his team's 24-23 victory. "Nothing where I felt it was a major thing. The one time, really didn't feel; comfortable. It's in a different spot."
Romo said he was not sure when the injury happened.
8. Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill suffered an injury to his knee in Miami's 19-0 loss the Bills. NFL Media's Albert Breer reports that the team thinks it's a sprain, but he'll have tests on the knee tomorrow, per a team source.