"When that day comes, we'll have a discussion. But that day's not here," Kelly said. "My approach in terms of how we're doing things -- who's up, who's available. I've had guys go down on Friday, so why does it really matter who I say is the starter for the next Sunday's game?"
Foles' stellar production has entrenched him as The Man in Philadelphia. We're not certain what Kelly accomplishes by choosing not to acknowledge it.
Some other injury news around the NFL:
1. Double shot of bad news for the Chicago Bears. Coach Marc Trestman announced Monday that Jay Cutler will miss Week 11 against the Ravens as he recovers from a high ankle sprain. Cornerback Charles Tillman was placed on injured reserve with a designation to return due to a triceps injury.
2. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Dallas Cowboys middle linebacker Sean Lee is expected to miss the next three to four weeks with a hamstring strain, according to a source informed of Lee's injury.
"Browner's hurt," Carroll said. "He's going to be down for a bit. We don't know how extensive it is, but it could be quite a while."
4. Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning "will start Sunday" in a crucial AFC West tilt against the Kansas City Chiefs after testing revealed a simple aggravation of the ankle injury he's dealt with all season, Rapoport was told by a source informed of the injury.
5. Cleveland Browns outside linebacker Quentin Groves has been moved to injured reserve because of an ankle injury. Browns coach Rob Chudzinski told reporters Monday that Groves will undergo surgery this week.
6. Browns quarterback Jason Campbell was "full speed in practice" Monday, according to Chudzinski, who added his quarterback is "good to go." Campbell suffered a rib injury in the team's Week 9 win over the Baltimore Ravens. The Browns are coming off their bye and face the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.
7. Rapoport reports New Orleans Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro will not play in Week 11 against the San Francisco 49ers and could miss the following week as well. The rookie took a knee to the helmet and sustained a concussion in Sunday's win over the Dallas Cowboys, according to a person informed of the safety's injury.
8. Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that quarterback Aaron Rodgers is a "couple of weeks away," though the coach hasn't been given a specific return date. Rodgers broke his collarbone during last Monday's loss to the Chicago Bears.
9. New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes practiced with teammates on Monday and, barring setback, should return to the lineup on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. "I think he'll play," Rex Ryan said.