Every week in the NFL is important. Some are just more important than others. Here are the NFL teams most desperate for a win in Week 8.
Last week's desperate teams went 4-2, which isn't bad considering two of them played each other. Our desperate teams are 9-3 over the last two weeks. The reverse curse continues.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers: There's a feeling in Pittsburgh that the Steelers might be "back" after Sunday night's win. They are only one loss behind Baltimore in the AFC North, and the Ravens look ready to fall apart. That feeling will die quickly if the Steelers can't hold serve at home against Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins.
4. New York Jets: The Jets have impressed us by playing Houston and New England tough. Those close losses need to translate to victories starting now. The Miami Dolphins are big competition for the Jets in the AFC wild-card race. This Jets team might not have the firepower to climb out of a 3-5 hole.
3. San Diego Chargers: You thought blowing a 24-0 lead at home to a division rival was rock bottom, Chargers fans? Try losing on the road to the one-win Cleveland Browns. I, for one, think it's going to happen.
2. Detroit Lions: This team makes the list for the second consecutive week. At 2-4, the Lions still are at the point of the season when they are desperate. A home loss to the Seattle Seahawks, and they will be just irrelevant.
1. Dallas Cowboys: What an enormous game for Jason Garrett, Tony Romo and friends. A win gives them a sweep of the New York Giants, with the two teams tied in the loss column. Right in the race. A loss puts them at 3-4 in a loaded NFC. This is one of those games that will shape the rest of the season.Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.