Baltimore Ravens  

 

Ravens' Ray Rice won't be at workouts without new contract

Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice won't join the team when players report for voluntary offseason workouts Monday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

La Canfora: The expendables
Jason La Canfora says running backs and linebackers are taking a big financial hit due to the NFL's aerial evolution. More ...

Baltimore's top offensive threat is seeking a long-term contract and has not signed the franchise tender (worth roughly $7.7 million for the 2012 season) that the team placed on him.

The news that he won't be with the team Monday indicates that an accord is not likely to be reached over the weekend.

Rice told NFL Network's Albert Breer earlier in April that he hopes he and the team are able to "come out with a number that's fair to both sides."

The 25-year-old Rice made the Pro Bowl after gaining 2,068 total yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground and in the air in the 2011 season.

Follow Steve Wyche on Twitter @wyche89.

Headlines

The previous element was an advertisement.

NFL Shop

NFL News
CONTENT
15