By Chef Jeffrey Nimer
Yield: Makes 4 large sandwiches
4 ea. Brioche sandwich buns
2 Prime Beef Filet Mignon Steaks
8 pieces of Nueske Applewood Smoked bacon
4 slices of deli ham
4 tomato slices
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
1-2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon slices until crispy. Set aside on paper towels to cool.
- If using the filet steaks, drain the excess bacon fat out of the skillet. Slice each filet in halve crosswise, to make two thin steaks (four total). Sprinkle with coarse salt, and use a mallet to pound the steaks even thinner.
- Heat the skillet over medium high heat until hot, and place steaks on the skillet. Cook for about two minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Remove to paper towels to cool.
- Wipe the skillet clean. Melt the butter in over medium heat, and fry eggs sunnyside up until desired doneness. Preheat the broiler.
- Assemble sandwiches: Spread inside of buns with ketchup and mayonnaise. Place lettuce slices over bottom half of buns. Top with a slice of beef, two bacon slices, a slice of ham, a slice of tomato, and a slice of mozzarella.
- Place sandwiches (uncovered) under the broiler briefly (keeping a close eye on them) to melt the cheese. Remove from oven and add the fried egg over the cheese, then top with the other half of the bun. Serve immediately.
For more Thursday Night Football gameday recipes, check back to the Dueling Dishes landing page every week and watch NFL AM every Thursday morning!