Wednesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Houston Chronicle featured military veteran Nate Boyer, who worked out during the University of Texas pro day and is seeking a roster spot in the NFL as a long snapper.
- The Columbus Dispatch interviewed Ohio State University coach Urban Meyer, who said that football is safer than ever.
- Underdog Dynasty reported that the University of Alabama-Birmingham's helmet concussion research could help to resurrect the school's football program.
- KSTU-TV in Salt Lake City featured area teens who are helping to spread awareness about how to deal with brain injuries.
- The Aberdeen (South Dakota) News featured area athletic trainers and their role in high school sports.
- The Columbus (Nebraska) Telegram also looked at the athletic trainers' role in the community as part of National Athletic Training Month.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor