Friday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Cedar Rapids Gazette reported on a University of Iowa study that will compare injuries between flag football and tackle football in Iowa youth leagues.
- Omaha World Herald quoted a University of Nebraska concussion researcher who says we have only touched the tip of the iceberg on head injuries.
- KOSA-TV in Dallas looked at helmet sensors that are being tested by the University of Texas in Dallas.
- An Arizona State student and former EMT has invented a new concussion-diagnosing tool that is connected to the mouthguard, it was announced Thursday.
- The Jefferson Comprehensive Concussion Center will open in the Philadelphia Navy Yard, it was announced Friday.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor