Cleveland placed starting guard Joel Bitonio on injured reserve with a mid-foot sprain Friday. Coach Hue Jackson said "there's a good chance" that Bitonio's season is over. Bitonio said he doesn't yet know if he will have surgery and will meet with a specialist next week.
Tight end Gary Barnidge (hip/forearm) is listed as questionable. The Browns ruled out quarterback Josh McCown (shoulder). Cleveland announced on Thursday that quarterback Cody Kessler (ribs) will start.
Here are some other notable injuries from Friday's injury report:
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (concussion) has been ruled questionable for Sunday. He remains in the concussion protocol, but coach Ron Rivera said he'll play "barring a setback." Receiver Kelvin Benjamin (knee), defensive end Charles Johnson (quad) and running back Jonathan Stewart (hamstring) are also questionable.
- New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski didn't practice Friday because of illness and is questionable to play Sunday because of a lingering hamstring issue. Wide receiver Julian Edelman (foot), quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo (right shoulder), linebacker Jamie Collins (hip), running back LeGarrette Blount (hip) and tight end Martellus Bennett (ankle) are among 12 questionable players for New England.
- Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy is making progress on his ankle injury and is questionable for Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys. Lacy said Thursday it was going to come down to Sunday whether or not he will play the Cowboys. Cornerback Sam Shields (concussion) and tight end Jared Cook (ankle) were ruled out.
- Detroit Lions running back Theo Riddick (ankle) was ruled out for Sunday. In addition, tight end Eric Ebron (ankle/knee) and defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (shoulder) are out as well. Wide receiver Anquan Boldin (ankle), defensive end Ezekiel Ansah and running backDwayne Washington (ankle) are questionable.
- Dallas Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant (knee) is questionable for Sunday after another limited practice session. Coach Jason Garrett said he was optimistic about Bryant's progress. Surprisingly, Jason Witten is questionable with a chest injury. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick (hamstring) is expected to be back in Week 8 after Dallas' bye week, owner Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan.
- New York Jets coach Todd Bowles said linebacker David Harris (hamstring) didn't practice and cornerback Darrelle Revis (hamstring) returned to practice but was limited. CenterNick Mangold (knee) and tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ankle) were limited, too.
- New York Giants cornerback Eli Apple (groin), defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (groin), running back Rashad Jennings (thumb) and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (groin) are all questionable.
- Miami Dolphins running back Arian Foster (hamstring) will be a game-time decision, coach Adam Gase told reporters. Foster is officially questionable. Tight end Jordan Cameron (concussion) and cornerback Xavier Howard (knee) are ruled out. Safety Reshad Jones (groin) is questionable.
- Seattle Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor (groin) and running back C.J. Prosise (wrist) are both questionable.