After a whirlwind week, P.J. Hall finally landed in a new home.
The Houston Texans are signing Hall, the defensive tackle's agency, Enter Sports Management, announced Thursday morning.
Hall started 12 games for the Las Vegas Raiders last season before the team planned to cut him a week ago. The Minnesota Vikings then stepped in and sent a conditional pick to the Raiders for Hall's rights. A failed physical, however, scuttled the deal, shipping him back to Vegas, where he was ultimately released.
A week later, Hall has landed in Houston.
The 2018 second-round pick out of Sam Houston St. joined the Raiders after excellent college production and had superior athletic testing.
Houston also waived offensive tackle David Steinmetz.
The pro production, however, didn't always match the potential. Last year, he compiled 1.5 sacks and 26 tackles with three QB hits in 16 games.
With the Texans, Hall could battle to help replace D.J. Reader along the defensive line after the veteran left via free agency. Second-round pick Ross Blacklock is penciled in as a starter, but Hall could give Houston some cover if the rookie isn't ready from the get-go.
Here are the other moves we're following around the NFL on Thursday:
- The Philadelphia Eagles activated tackle Jordan Mailata from the reserve/COVID-19 list. Mailata spent most of last season on injured reserve.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers activated running back Jaylen Samuels from the reserve/COVID-19 list, and waived RB Spencer Nigh. Samuels picked up 480 yards and two TDs on 113 touches in 2019.
- The San Francisco 49ers announced the signing of offensive lineman Spencer Long to a one-year deal. They also waived defensive lineman Alex Barrett. Long, who played 14 games in reserve for the Bills in 2019, was released by Buffalo last week.
- The Minnesota Vikings activated offensive tackle Oli Udoh from reserve/COVID-19 and waived linebacker DeMarquis Gates.
- The New York Giants claimed wide receiver C.J. Board off waivers from the Jaguars, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.
- The Atlanta Falcons waived defensive back C.J. Reavis.
- New England Patriots rookie center Dustin Woodard is retiring, per Pelissero. New England drafted the Memphis product in the seventh round this past April. Pelissero added that Woodard's decision isn't COVID-19 related, he's simply decided to walk away. The Pats signed OL Tyler Gauthier on Wednesday. The team also waived defensive end Nick Coe.
- The Miami Dolphins announced they have signed cornerback Deatrick Nichols and waived safety Steven Parker and tight end Bryce Sterk.
- The Detroit Lions brought it in ex-Seahawks running back C.J. Prosise for a workout, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per the transaction wire. Pelissero added that Detroit also worked out RBs Troymaine Pope and Jonathan Williams. Both Pope and Prosise have experience with OC Darrell Bevell's offense from Seattle, Pelissero noted.
- Free-agent cornerback Cordrea Tankersley had a tryout for the Indianapolis Colts, per Rapoport.
- New York Jets linebacker James Burgess has been activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- The Tennessee Titans signed defensive end Wyatt Ray.