The national championship game is finally here! Alabama will take on Clemson on Monday night in a rematch of last year's final. Here are five things I'm looking forward to seeing in the title game.
1. Deshaun Watson vs. Nick Saban: I was at the title game last year and Watson put on a show against Alabama's ultra-talented defense. This year, the Tide defense is even better, while Watson has added a major weapon in WR Mike Williams, who missed all but the first game of the 2015 season due to a neck injury. I can't wait to see what wrinkles Saban tries to throw at Watson this time.
2. Which DL is better? Both of these teams are loaded with NFL talent in the trenches. Alabama has a little more experience, but Clemson has some big-time underclassmen up front. Can they control the running game and corral a mobile quarterback? Both teams face the same challenge.
3. What does Bo Scarbrough do for an encore? The Alabama passing game left a lot to be desired against Washington, but Scarbrough more than made up the slack, rushing for 180 yards and two touchdowns. He has similar traits to Titans rookie and former Tide RB Derrick Henry, but I think Scarbrough is a little more agile. He has my attention.
4. Mike Williams vs. Marlon Humphrey: Humphrey has faced most of the top receivers in the country this fall. He'll get a crack at the top dog in the title game. Williams is built like a power forward and he's fully capable of embarrassing cornerbacks after the catch because of his power to break tackles. This tape will be a must-watch for scouts evaluating these prospects.
5. One more chance to see Jonathan Allen and Reuben Foster: Allen and Foster are two of the better players at their respective positions (Allen: defensive line; Foster: linebacker) that we've seen in the last five years. Both guys are incredibly consistent and dominant. This will be the last opportunity to watch them compete at the collegiate level. I'd look for them to both put on a show for NFL scouts.