Wednesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The San Francisco Chronicle reported that a researcher's findings in the American Journal of Sports Medicine show the increase in reported concussions can be attributed to heightened awareness of the injury.
- Health Canal reported on a Swedish study that said recovery from sports-related concussions may take longer than previously thought.
- Innovasector looked at how the University of Iowa football team will wear X2 Biosystems sensors this season.
- WISH-TV in Indianapolis reported on the lack of consistency in protection for football helmets, as the latest Virginia Tech star ratings show.
- The Deseret News reported that one Salt Lake City-area school district is seeing positive results from random drug testing.
- The Pat Tillman Foundation announced the 59 recipients of this year's Tillman Military Scholars awards.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor