The wideout missed Monday's practice, Eduardo Encina of the Tampa Bay Times reported. Evans left Sunday's practice early holding his quad after snagging a deep pass.
Tampa running back Ronald Jones, who is dealing with a sore knee, also didn't practice Monday.
Other news we're tracking Monday:
- NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (shoulder) is expected to rejoin the team soon in preparation for the start of the regular season.
- The Tennessee Titans announced tight end Jonnu Smith and kicker Ryan Succop have passed their physicals and are no longer on the physically unable to perform list.
Team reporter Jim Wyatt also shared footage of RB Derrick Henry getting some work in during his first practice in three weeks. The Titans chose to hold Henry out after he injured his calf early in training camp.
- The Bucs also announced the team signed defensive lineman Elijah Qualls and waived Shane Bowman.
- Bill O'Brien says he expects Houston Texans rookie offensive tackle Tytus Howard (broken finger) back for this week. Left tackle Matt Kalil is expected to practice this week.
The Texans also announced the signing of cornerback Derrick Jones and that they waived receiver Stephen Louis.
- Per Rapoport, the tentative plan is for running back Derrius Guice (knee) to play against the Falcons Thursday. This will likely be Guice's only action this preseason, Rapoport notes.
Taylor also noted that WR John Ross is set to start practicing as early as Sunday. Ross had been listed as day-to-day due to his hamstring injury.
Rookie quarterback Drew Lock left the game in the third quarter with a right hand injury and did not return. Lock finished the game 7-of-12 for 40 yards and was expected to see much more time in the game.
Following the game, Fant was seen limping and Lock was seen with a brace on his right hand.
At the postgame press conference, Broncos coach Vic Fangio said of both injuries, "I think they're mild in nature, but we'll see."
Following Fangio's presser, Lock spoke to the media and said it was a "little sprain" and X-rays were negative.
Shanahan added that, in Monday's game, safety Adrian Colbert sustained a hamstring injury, defensive end Damontre Moore dislocated his thumb, cornerback Tim Harris injured his groin and cornerback D.J. Reed has a shoulder injury. No timetables were provided for their returns.