Linebacker Trent Harris and defensive end Avery Moss combined for 14 starts last season with the Miami Dolphins, but they have been waived prior to the start of training camp this time around.
The Dolphins announced Sunday that they waived Harris and Moss.
Moss, a fifth-round draft pick for the Giants in 2017, started eight games for the Dolphins last season and played in 11, totaling 25 tackles. Harris got the start in three games and played in 11 with 22 tackles and 1.5 sacks.
In other news Around The NFL is monitoring on Sunday:
- The Arizona Cardinals have released undrafted free agent Parker Houston, a fullback/tight end out of San Diego State, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
"Teams are trimming rosters as they get ready for full-squad camps," Garafolo reported. "Bunch of undrafted free agents who expected to be with teams instead are in limbo."
The team later announced the release of nine others -- quarterback Drew Anderson, defensive lineman T.J. Carter, offensive lineman Jackson Dennis, offensive lineman Drew Dickinson, linebacker Vontarrius Dora, wide receiver Shane Leatherbury, wide receiver Devin Phelps, cornerback Jarren Williams and cornerback Bejour Wilson -- in addition to confirming Houston's cut.
- The Cincinnati Bengals announced Sunday they had released cornerback Isiah Swann, an undrafted free agent out of Dartmouth who failed his physical.
- The Washington Football Team released veteran guard Jeremy Vujnovich on Sunday, the club announced. Vujnovich has played for three teams in four seasons, including starting 16 games in 2017 for the Colts, but did not play in 2019. Washington also waived wide receiver Emanuel Hall, who was designated with a non-football injury.
- The Tennessee Titans announced multiple releases on Sunday as they waived defensive lineman Amani Bledsoe, linebacker Nigel Harris, tight end Cole Herdman and receiver Trevion Thompson, terminated the contract of guard Zac Kerin and waived/injured running back Shaun Wilson with a non-football injury.
- The Seattle Seahawks have waived running back Patrick Carr, receiver Seth Dawkins, guards Kahlil McKenzie and Jordan Roos, defensive back Josh Norwood, linebacker Sutton Smith and tight end Dominick Wood-Anderson. The team also terminated the contracts of center Joey Hunt, who started eight of his 14 apperances in 2019, and defensive end Branden Jackson.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have waived receivers Shelton Gibson and Marcus Green, defensive end Daeshon Hall, defensive tackle Albert Huggins, and cornerback Tremon Smith.
- The New England Patriots have released the following nine rookies: defensive backs Malik Gant and Adarius Pickett; receivers Will Hastings, Sean Riley and Isaiah Zuber; quarterbacks Brian Lewerke and J'Mar Smith; linebacker Kyahva Tezino and defensive lineman Courtney Wallace.
- The Chicago Bears have released linebacker Devante Bond, safety Kentrell Brice and receiver Alex Wesley.