Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has cleared the league's concussion protocol and is expected to play Sunday in Tennessee against the Titans, the team announced.
Allen was knocked out of last Sunday's game after a helmet-to-helmet hit from Patriots CB Jonathan Jones. Backup QB Matt Barkley, who finished the game for Allen in the loss to New England, was ready to start in his place against the Titans.
Allen was a limited participant in practice all week until Friday, when he practiced in full. Head coach Sean McDermott said Friday he would be comfortable starting Allen if he was cleared from the concussion protocol.
Also clearing the league's concussion protocol and expected to play for the Bills are S Dean Marlowe and FB Pat DiMarco.
Other news we're monitoring on Saturday:
The Packers also signed running back Tra Carson to the active roster from the practice squad and released defensive lineman Fadol Brown.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced CB Ryan Smith was added to the 53-man roster, and LB Demone Harris was waived in a corresponding move. Smith will be eligible to play Sunday in New Orleans.
- The Atlanta Falcons have placed punter Matt Bosher (groin) on Injured Reserve and signed P Matt Wile to the active roster. OL John Wetzel was waived.
- The Indianapolis Colts announced CB Shakial Taylor was elevated from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. TE Hale Hentges was waived in a corresponding move.
- New England Patriots RB Rex Burkhead (foot), S Patrick Chung (heel) and S Nate Ebner (groin) have been ruled out against the Redskins.
- The Chicago Bears have released TE Bradley Sowell and activated QB Tyler Bray to the 53-man roster. An undrafted prospect in 2013, Bray, 27, will serve as Chase Daniel's backup, with Mitch Trubisky (separated shoulder) still out, when the Bears travel to London to face the Raiders in Week 5.
- Arizona Cardinals OL Jordan Mills (knee) has been placed on injured reserve and TE Darrell Daniels was elevated from the practice squad in his place.
- The Oakland Raiders announced that receiver Marcell Ateman and guard Lester Cotton Sr. have been signed to the 53-man active roster. In a corresponding move, Oakland placed offensive lineman Jordan Devey on the Reserve/Injured List.