With needs across the board on defense, Bills coach Sean McDermott is looking toward an old ally for help.
McDermott spent four years coaching Lotulelei in Carolina, where the former Panthers defensive coordinator made the most of the first-round tackle's run-stuffing talents.
The 6-foot-2, 315-pound Lotulelei is a reliable presence, appearing in all but two games during his five-year NFL career. In Buffalo, Lotulelei will bolster a line reuniting with a familiar face in Kyle Williams, the 34-year-old tackle who struck a one-year deal worth $6 million with the Bills on Tuesday, per Rapoport. He will receive $5 million fully guaranteed, Rapoport added.
Here are other free agency moves we're monitoring Tuesday:
- The Arizona Cardinals announced on Tuesday that they've released veteran running back Adrian Peterson. Peterson, who turns 33 in March, finished the season on injured reserve, missing the final five games of the 2017 season.
- Isaiah Crowell is signing with the New York Jets on three-year deal, Rapoport reports. The running back is ranked No. 68 on Top 101 Free Agents list.
- The Oakland Raiders and tight end Derek Carrier have agreed to terms on a three-year deal, Rapoport reports.
- The Lions have re-signed safety Tavon Wilson to a two-year, $7 million deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. He can earn up to $8 million max, Rapoport added.
- The Denver Broncos picked up wide receiver Demaryius Thomas' $4 million contract option for 2018, NFL Network's James Palmer reported.
- The Washington Redskins have reached a three-year, $6.875 million agreement in principle with kicker Dustin Hopkins, Rapoport reported. He receives a $1.2 million signing bonus, a source informed of the situation said.
- The Cleveland Browns tendered wide receiver Josh Gordon as an exclusive rights free agent, per a source informed of the situation. He has four credited seasons, so it's worth $790,000.
The Browns are expected to sign offensive tackle Chris Hubbard to a five-year deal worth $37.5 million with nearly $18 million guaranteed, Rapoport reports. Hubbard is ranked No. 99 on Top 101 Free Agents list.
- The Atlanta Falcons re-signed offensive lineman Austin Pasztor and CB Leon McFadden to one-year extensions, the team announced.
- The Miami Dolphins are re-signing defensive back Walt Aikens to a two-year contract, according to Rapoport.
Free-agent running back Frank Gore has a visit set with the Lions this week, NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports.
- Veteran cornerback Prince Amukamara expected to sign three-year, $27 million contract with Bears, a source tells Garafolo.