Tuesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- Defensive Video and Imagery Distribution System featured about 100 servicemen and women who were honored by the Washington Redskins prior to a recent practice.
- Kansas City Chiefs' official website reported on how the team and the Kansas City Royals united to serve meals at a Ronald McDonald House in the area.
- The National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment announced that the Virginia Tech STAR helmet ratings system cannot predict ability to prevent concussions.
- The San Antonio Express-News reported that the Valero Alamo Bowl is offering free baseline concussion testing to 1,000 San Antonio-area high school athletes.
- Brain Injury News and Information Blog published the link to the Centers for Disease Control's concussion app, which seeks to help those who use it spot the symptoms of and provide information on concussions.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor