Oakland Raiders to remain at O.co Coliseum in 2016

The Oakland Raiders announced Thursday they have reached a one-year agreement to continue playing at O.co Coliseum for the 2016 season.

In addition, the team has agreed to a pair of one-year options to play at the stadium during the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

"It gives us an opportunity to work on a permanent facility here in Oakland," Raiders owner Mark Davis said. "It gives us some certainty for this season as well as flexibility for the next two seasons."

Last month, NFL owners gave the Raiders the possible option of relocating to Los Angeles in 2017 if the San Diego Chargers chose not to share a stadium with the Los Angeles Rams in Inglewood to stay in San Diego. If the Chargers remain in San Diego, the Raiders would have the option next year of relocating to L.A.

"We do have an opportunity to create a new future in Oakland, and let's try to do that and that's what we're here to do," said Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley.

The Raiders also announced they have hired Larry MacNeil to head their stadium development team. He will represent the club in negotiations regarding the development of a new stadium with the City of Oakland and Alameda County. MacNeil spent 10 years as the Chief Financial Officer of the San Francisco 49ers and was instrumental in the development of Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be missing content or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an issue.

Related Content

Gamepass_vert_web_r

See all the Action

Replay every game all season.