Wednesday's health and safety news from the world of sports:
- AL.com wrote about a college game that will be officiated this weekend by four women, drawing NFL director of officiating David Coleman as a scout.
- KUSA-TV in Denver reported how the NFL Referees Association is donating $10,000 to help rebuild Estes Park athletic fields after flooding in September.
- Michel Sproles, the wife of New Orleans Saints running back Darren Sproles, publicly told the story of her bout with breast cancer for the first time at a luncheon Tuesday, the team's official website reported.
- A contributing editor with the Chicago Tribune explained the groin tear suffered by Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers' official website reported on Steelers players who attended the Players 4 Kids Gala this week.
- The Grand Forks (N.D.) Herald profiled a high school football coach who returned from deployment in Afghanistan.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor