No Purchase Necessary to Participate Or Win. Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Odds of Winning.
1) Eligibility: The NFL Move the Sticks Scouting Competition (hereafter the "Contest") is open to legal permanent residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older as of entry date. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the NFL Properties LLC (hereafter, "Sponsor"), National Football League, the NFL Entities (defined as National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees), teamDigital Promotions, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (hereafter collectively, "Released Parties"), and any such individual's immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2) Contest Submission Period: Contest submission period begins at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on 1/27/17 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 2/17/17 (hereafter, "Contest Submission Period").
3)How to Participate: To participate, draft a three-hundred (300) word maximum scouting report on any current NFL player ("Subject") and email the scouting report as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org ("Entry") with the following information: Your name, your complete mailing address (including city, state and zip code), your age and your daytime telephone number. For purposes of this Contest, the scouting report must include selected Subject's name, appearance, strengths, weaknesses, and overall performance in the 2016 NFL season. To be eligible, all Contest Entries must be received during the Contest Submission Period and no later than 11:59:59 pm ET on 2/17/17.
Limit one (1) Entry per person and per email address for the duration of the Contest Submission Period. In case of multiple Entries from any one entrant or email address, only the first Entry received will be accepted. Modification of an existing work does not qualify as different or original. All Entries must meet the Entry Requirements set forth below.
4) Entry Requirements: To be eligible, each Entry (and individual components therein) must (i) be complete and (ii) be your original creation and solely owned by you. In addition, to be eligible, Entry must not include any third party intellectual property or property other than NFL Team names, NFL player names, logos or slogans (hereafter, "Permitted Marks"), unless requisite permission is obtained. Entry cannot defame or invade publicity and/or intellectual property rights or the privacy of any person, living or deceased, or infringe upon any proprietary or other rights of any person or party. Entry may also not contain, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory, profane or pornographic; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies; contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without requisite permission; contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead; communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or violates any law. Entries deemed by the judges, in their sole discretion, to be immoral, obscene, profane or not in keeping with Sponsor's image and values or in violation of these Official Rules will be void. In the event of non-compliance with any requirements specified herein or with any of the terms of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to void such Entry.
By entering the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry is original, has not been previously published or won any awards, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Entrants further warrant and represent that they have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced in their Entries.
Incomplete Entries and/or Entries containing inaccurate information will be disqualified at Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries must be received during the Contest Submission Period to be eligible. The use of script, macro or any other device to automate or subvert the Entry process is prohibited and all such Entries made by any other means which subvert the Entry process will be void. In the case of a dispute as to the entrant who submitted an Entry, Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address from which said Entry was submitted and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. Other than as otherwise specified herein, neither Sponsor, nor anyone acting on its behalf, will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Contest (except for the purposes of notifying the Finalists or Grand Prize winners) or acknowledge any Entry (or portion thereof) received. Any Entry not meeting all Entry Requirements stated herein will be void.
If the Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, (with the exception of Permitted Marks), and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants the Released Parties, without any limitation of any other rights granted herein, permission for the Entry to be posted on websites and/or featured on Move The Sticks as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrant agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting/airing of any Entry and may remove a posted/aired Entry at any time.
By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many submissions under this Contest and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted under this Contest and/or other promotions staged and/or sponsored by the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor and entrant waive any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or its designees) may be similar to his/her Entry. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to the Entry or any other right related thereto.
5) Determination of Contest Winners:
A) Contest Entry Judging Phase to determine the Finalists:
Round 1 of Judging Phase: All eligible Entries received will be judged on the following criteria by Sponsor (collectively, the "Judging Criteria"):
1) Accuracy: does the Entry convey accurate information about selected Subject? 0-25 points;
2) Passion: does the Entry reveal the entrant's passion for football and the Subject? 0-25 points;
3) Presentation: does the entrant deliver his/her message with compelling expression and appeal? 0-25 points; and
4) Level of detail: does the entrant provide clear and concise detail? 0-25 points
The five (5) Entries with the highest scores, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed potential "Finalists" and advance to Round 2 of Judging. Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than five (5) Finalist Entries if, in their sole discretion, they do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Contest Entries. In the event of a tie, a separate tie-breaking judge or judging panel determined by Sponsor at Sponsor's sole discretion will re-judge the tied entries based on the above Judging Criteria.
B) Contest Finalist Notification: Potential Finalists will be determined on or about 2/20/17 and will be notified by telephone and/or email. Potential Finalists' will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release within twenty-four (24) hours of the date/time of issuance of notification.
Further proof or verification of identity and qualifications may be required along with a background check of potential Finalists. Each potential Finalist agrees to such check and agrees to provide full consent if required. Failure to comply with any of the forgoing may result in disqualification and, based on the Judging Criteria described above and time permitting, a runner-up Finalist may be identified to move forward to Round 2 of Judging at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In addition, at the discretion of Sponsor, Potential Finalist's Entry may be disqualified for any of the following: if entrant is charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, is not eligible based on the eligibility requirements set forth above, or if delinquent on a government ordered payment, such as but not limited to: child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc. Non-compliance with the foregoing or such entrant's failure to comply with the verification process and/or eligibility requirements, return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential Finalist within a reasonable time period, the applicable Potential Finalist entrant may be disqualified and, at Sponsor's discretion and time permitting, awarding of prize and Finalist status to a runner-up.
C) Interview Phase: Upon verification of the Finalists, the Sponsor will schedule a Skype video and/or telephone interview with each Finalist and DJ & Bucky. Finalists will need to have a valid Skype account prior to interview. The interview with each Finalist will be approximately the same length of time, and the questions asked of each will be the same. All interviews will be recorded and must be completed by 2/23/17. Noncompliance with any of the foregoing, with these Official Rules, the inability to contact a Finalist within a reasonable time period and/or schedule and complete the interview, or any notification being returned as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's discretion, a runner-up being chosen.
D) Round 2 of Judging Phase: Upon completion of all interviews, the five (5) Finalists will be required to submit a new (300) word scouting report using the tools provided on a player assigned by Sponsor ("hereafter each a "Finalist Report"). All Finalist Reports must adhere to the requirements set forth in Section 4 of these Official Rules. All Finalist Reports must be submitted to the email address provided by 3/2/17.
Upon receipt of the Finalist Reports, a panel of judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will judge each entrant's combined interview and Finalist Report (combined, hereafter referred to as a "Finalist Entry") based on the Judging Criteria. In the event of a tie, the tied interviews will be re-judged by a separate judge or judging panel determined by Sponsor at Sponsor's sole discretion based on Presentation: does the entrant deliver his/her message with compelling expression and appeal: 0-100 points.
Grand Prize Winner Determination: On/about 3/9/17, the two (2) highest ranked Finalist Entries will be declared the Grand Prize winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6) Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize winner will receive NFL Game Pass through July 31, 2018. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize = $150 each. Five (5) Finalist Prizes: Each Finalist will receive access to NFL Game Pass through July 31, 2017. ARV of each Finalist Prize = $50 each. Blackouts and other restrictions may apply. If NFL Game Pass is used via mobile, data and usage rates may apply. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. All prizes are awarded "as is' without any warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor. Costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, are winner's sole responsibility. Total ARV of all prizes = $450.
7) Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize (or portion thereof) is permitted except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion, except as otherwise provided herein. By participating, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding. Entrants agree, by entering, that 1) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant's name, city and state of residence, Entry (and all material embodied therein), any written content, photographs, any recordings (voice, video or film) and/or other likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in this Contest, or use of any Entry or Finalist Entry. Entrants warrant and represent that (1) Sponsor and its designees shall own the Entry (and all elements embodied therein); (2) that by entering, the entrant irrevocably assigns to Sponsor and its designees any and all rights, title and interest in the Entry and/or Finalist Entry including, but not limited to, all intellectual property rights; and (3) that Sponsor and its designees shall have, without limitation, the perpetual worldwide right to edit, adapt, modify, publish, reproduce, exploit and use the Entry and/or Finalist Entry in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration, notification or permission of entrants. Entrants understand and acknowledge that: i) Sponsor and Released Parties have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and new ideas are constantly being submitted to them or being developed by their own employees; ii) many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to content in the Entry and/or each other in theme, idea or other respects; iii) entrants will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to Sponsor or Released Parties, from other sources. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Contest (or portion thereof) for any reason, including but not limited to, should virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including, but not limited to, acts or threats of terrorism, war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select winners from all eligible non-suspect Contest entries received prior to the event requiring such termination using the judging procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8) Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9) Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
10) Winners List: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by 4/28/17 to: Move the Sticks Winners, Suite 100, 10950 Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232.
11) Sponsor: NFL Properties LLC, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154.
12) Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., Bethel, CT 06801 www.teamdigital.com.