Wednesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Washington Post reported that the NFL owners will have extensive discussions about the proposed personal conduct policy at today's owners meetings.
- The New York Daily News reported that the NFL's new personal conduct policy will be modeled after that of the NYPD practices.
- ABC News profiled actor/director Mariska Hartigay, whose latest anti-domestic violence commercials with NFL players debut this week.
- The Bloomberg News praised the Big Ten Conference's new concussion policy, which includes placing a spotter in the press box in the same way the NFL does.
- A Forbes contributor asked if the Big Ten and SEC are ahead of the game or behind the times with their new concussion proposals.
- The Hartford Courant looked at what steps college programs are taking to reduce the risk of football concussions.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor