Thursday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees told ESPN about his stance against the Louisiana legislature's proposed changes to the state's workers' compensation law.
- ChicagoBears.com reported that Israel Idonije will receive the highest honor in his native Manitoba.
- Seattle Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman, the only NFL player who is legally deaf, will be honored Friday night at the Celebration of Hearing event in Seattle, ESPN.com reported.
- Colts.com's Craig Kelly wrote that Indianapolis linebacker Robert Mathis will have a chip on his shoulder when he returns from a four-game suspension for taking unauthorized supplements.
- Dolphins.com wrote that Miami Dolphins rookies will participate in a team service project at a Miami middle school.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor