Monday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- Yahoo!Sports reported that Sam is open to playing in the Canadian Football League, which opens training camps in two months.
- The Toronto Globe and Mail reported on a study that shows eye reflexes are a window to concussion issues.
- The Washington Post published a first-person column about a mom's struggles with allowing her son to play football.
- Medical Xpress featured Ryerson University medical physics professor Jahan Tavakkoli, who has spent the last few years using acoustic shock waves to expand understanding of the mechanisms involved in and the physiology of TBI.
- The Napa (California) Valley Register featured an area mom who also is an athletic trainer for a nearby high school.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor