By Bill Bradley, contributing editor
Also added to the board were director of Louisiana Youth Football Leroy Hollins II, NorthShore University HealthSystems neurological surgeon Dr. Gail L. Rosseau and Cincinnati St. Xavier High School football coach Steve Specht.
They join 10 other individuals, whose roles range from football executive to youth sports leader, to help advise the future of football's governing body.
USA Football is a non-profit company that has members in all 50 states. It's best known for its youth football efforts and for leading the player-safety program known as Heads Up Football.
The current roster for the USA Football board of directors:
- Joe Browne, National Football League
- Tom Cove, Sports & Fitness Industry Association
- Jim Delany, Big Ten Conference
- Bob Gardner, National Federation of State H.S. Assns.
- Roger Goodell, National Football League
- Merril Hoge, Former NFL Player
- Leroy Hollins II, Louisiana Youth Football
- Mark Meana, Fairfax County (Va.) Youth Football League
- Carl Peterson, USA Football Chairman
- Dr. Gail L. Rosseau, NorthShore University HealthSystems
- Steve Specht, Cincinnati St. Xavier High School
- Grant Teaff, American Football Coaches Association
- Mike Wilcox, Wilcox Financial/Wilcox Sports Group