Thursday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Los Angeles Times looked at the toll that injuries have taken on national football title contenders after one week of the college football season.
- Mashable detailed that 29 NFL players are suspended by the league at to start the season -- many for health and safety reasons.
- KSTP-TV in St. Paul, Minn., reported that the state of Minnesota will soon release data on high school concussions.
- WZTV-TV in Nashville reported that the new concussion law in Tennessee is a game changer for youth athletes in the state.
- Helio published a study that said recovery regression is seen in athletes who return from concussions too quickly.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor