Wednesday's health and safety news from the world of football:
- The Associated Press reported on the NFL's meeting with the Players Association about personal conduct issues.
- KATV-TV in Little Rock, Arkansas, talked to former NFL players Jeff Kemp and Freddie Scott about changing the culture for personal conduct in the league.
- WWNO-FM in New Orleans reported on the electronic mouth guards being tested by the LSU football team.
- KDVR-TV in Denver reported on new technology devices that help football coaches detect and treat concussions.
- KJCT-TV in Grand Junction, Colorado, looked at schools in the area using helmets that do not meet the top standards in the Virginia Tech STAR ratings.
- Medical Xpress reported on a study in the Journal of Neurotrauma that which identified protein in post-concussion severity in professional athletes.
-- Bill Bradley, contributing editor