SUFFERN, N.Y. -- Prosecutors said the sexual assault case against Pro Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor hasn't yet gone before a grand jury.
The office of Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe said Wednesday that Taylor's next court appearance has been postponed from Thursday to June 24.
The office said prosecutors are waiting for results of forensic testing by the FBI. It said the case is expected to go before a grand jury "in the near future."
Taylor, 51, was charged last month with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute for allegedly paying $300 to have sex with a 16-year-old girl at a suburban New York City hotel. His lawyer has denied the charges.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press