Jets owner Woody Johnson says he's heard talk that HBO is interested in signing up the team for its training-camp documentary show. He's not ruling it out.
Johnson said Monday the team has not received a "formal invitation," but "when we do, we will take a look at it."
HBO said there will be a "Hard Knocks" before the 2012 NFL season begins following a hiatus last year because of the lockout. HBO spokesman Greg Domino said "we do not discuss the process."
Asked if there have been informal discussions with HBO, Johnson said, "yeah" but "it's a formal invitation that we can respond to, not an informal (one)."
If invited, Johnson said there would be a discussion about a return appearance.
"It's something we would take a look at with (GM) Mike (Tannenbaum), and the coach, and (director of media relations) Bruce (Speight), and others that we think would add value to that discussion, to see whether it is something we want to do," Johnson said.
Tannenbaum said he was "looking forward to another team on it this year" during a recent interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. He clarified that comment in a statement issued by the team Monday night.
"When I made that comment, I never had an expectation that we'd be asked to do it again," Tannenbaum said. "Obviously, if we're asked, we'll sit down and talk about it."
"I think all those concerns, the positives and negatives, we'd have to look at, sit around the table and say yay or nay," Johnson said. "It's not a perfect science. But we'd use our best judgment at that point."
"We would be good for Hard Knocks, especially with Rex's personality, the Tebow trade. I definitely see how we would be appealing," Keller said. "With everything that's going on right now, there couldn't be any more exposure."