The Chicago Bears announced Tuesday the team placed the tight end on season-ending injured reserve with fractured ribs.
Bennett has been dealing with the rib injury the past several weeks, missing the Week 12 win in Green Bay. He aggravated the injury in Sunday's loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
The tight end entered the season as Jay Cutler's security blanket, but his productivity has waned -- averaging 3.3 receptions and 19.3 yards per game in his last three contests. Tight end Zach Miller has become a larger target in the Bears' quick-pass offense.
Here are some other injuries we're monitoring Tuesday:
- Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told the media that tight end Heath Miller (ribs) has a chance to play Sunday against the Bengals. Miller missed only his eighth career game in 11 seasons when he sat out Sunday night against the Colts.
- Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph (foot), linebacker Anthony Barr (groin/hand) and safety Harrison Smith (knee/hamstring) all did not participate in practice Tuesday.
- The 49ers announced Tuesday that they have placed tight end Garrett Celek on season-ending injured reserve with a high ankle sprain.
- The Jets have placed defensive end Mike Catapano (foot) on season-ending injured reserve. New York added safety Ronald Martin to the active roster to replace him and signed tight end Brandon Bostick to the practice squad.
- The Cardinals placed offensive lineman Earl Watford (hand) on season-ending injured reserve and elevated safety D.J. Swearinger to the active roster.
- Giants tight end Larry Donnell (neck) and long snapper Zak DeOssie (wrist) have been placed on season-ending injured reserve.