NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that wideout Sammy Watkins was dealing with pain in his foot after Sunday's win in Cleveland and underwent an MRI, per a source informed of the situation. While the injury isn't expected to be serious, it could affect his status for Week 10.
Through nine games, Watkins has been a solid secondary weapon in a full-court press Chiefs offense, compiling 39 receptions for 515 yards and three touchdowns, including two games over the 100-yard receiving mark.
Given his injury history -- he missed 12 games the past three seasons, and played through injury in several others -- the Chiefs shouldn't push Watkins this week.
In other Chiefs injury news, offensive lineman Cam Erving (illness), safety Eric Berry (heel), linebacker Anthony Hitchens (ribs) and center Mitch Morse (concussion) all did not practice.
Other injuries we're monitoring around the league on Wednesday:
Wideout Mike Wallace will ditch the walking boot soon and believes he could be running within two week, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.
- Cleveland Browns placed linebacker Christian Kirksey (hamstring) and defensive back E.J. Gaines (concussion) on injured reserve. Gaines suffered his second concussion in less than a month in Sunday's loss.
- Atlanta Falcons linebacker Deion Jones (foot), who has been on injured reserve since Week 1, will practice Wednesday, coach Dan Quinn said.
- Buffalo Bills wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin popped up on Wednesday's report with a knee injury and was limited at practice. Rookie quarterback Josh Allen also was limited as he makes his way back from an elbow injury, while Derek Anderson remains in the concussion protocol.
- Broncos center Matt Paradis had surgery on his broken ankle and ligament damage, NFL Network's James Palmer reported. Now comes the rehad process for an offensive lineman who will be a desired free agent come the offseason, Palmer added.
- Bears tight end Dion Sims (concussion) did not practice today. Wideout Taylor Gabriel (knee) was limited. Linebacker Khalil Mack (ankle) was a full participant after missing several weeks of practice.
- Cardinals safety Tre Boston (chest), tight end Jermaine Gresham (back), offensive lineman Mike Iupati (back), defensive tackle Robert Nkemdiche (calf) and offensive linemanJust Pugh (hand) were all limited.